5 Common Lies, You Might Believe About Therapy

Therapy or counselling is an extremely powerful tool that may relieve people from a prolonged misunderstanding with their partner, solve marital issues, helps to cope with depression and anxiety and many more. Therapy is also extremely beneficial if someone faces an emotional and >. Yet, there ...

May 10

Categories: Couple Counseling, Positive Psychology, Pre-Marital Counseling, ...

Written By:
Counsellor Shivani Misri Sadhoo

GO

After Breaking up

Dear Dr.Park, I'm a 20-year-old exchange student from America. I fell in love with a girl in America who's from Korea. This is one reason for my coming here, but I'm also an anthropology major specializing in Asian studies so it fits my agenda quite well. Anyway, recently we broke up but I'm still crazy about her. We're still ...

May 9

Categories: Love addiction, Marital Counseling, Multicultural Concerns

Written By:
Dr.Park, Jinseng

GO

How An Anxiety Attack Turned Into An Enlightening Experience

Image Credits: pixabay.comI heard my heart pound as fast as it could! It was as if horses want to escape out of my chest. I was getting dizzier as time passed. Not to mention, I was sweating profusely. Every hair on my body went up! I knew I needed a break. My body's alarm system craved ...

May 5

Categories: Anxiety

Written By:
Miss Psychobabble

GO

Escape from Motherhood

Motherhood. You don't have to be a psychologist to know that quality of mothering is crucial to every human. It can make or break children. The mother-relationship is a most important relationship in every human being's life. Her character, personality, and method of child rearing have ...

Apr 23

Categories: Adult psychological development, Child Development, Parenting

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Masturbation

It’s totally normal to masturbate (touch yourself for sexual pleasure) whether you’re sexually active with other people or not. Masturbation even has health benefits, like reducing stress. Masturbation was once vilified as a perversion. All sorts of efforts, ranging from extreme guilt to diabolic contraptions, were made to discourage ...

Apr 19

Categories: Love addiction, Relationships & Marriage

Written By:
Dr(Prof) R K Suri

GO

Gratitude Therapy

According to English dictionary the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness. Showing gratitude is sometimes a required or expected thing, and at other times a spontaneous “ thank you” to someone who has unknowingly made our day. On most occasions, we show gratitude to bring some of ...

Apr 17

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions

Written By:
Dr(Prof) R K Suri

GO

Negative Assertion - Tricks of the Trade

Negative assertion rule is a great one when dealing with criticism and so can be used to great effect. e.g brother states “your always late when I need you” and he says this as I walk in the door 45 minutes late. I could chose to respond in an unhelpful negative way and just dismiss him and tell him to shut up or I could use the ...

Apr 15

Categories: Anger Management, Communication Disorders Problems

GO

Mentally Strong Kids Have Parents Who Refused to Do These 13 Things

Raising a mentally strong kid doesn’t mean he won’t cry when he’s sad or that he won’t fail sometimes. Mental strength won’t make your child immune to hardship – but it also won’t cause him to suppress his emotions.In fact, it’s quite the ...

Apr 13

Categories: Child Development

GO

What do you think? Is this right?

On Sunday 1st April the Straits Times (the main English-language daily broadsheet newspaper in Singapore) run an article titled "Sexual wellness items are now being sold openly on supermarket and pharmacy shelves and online grocery stores ...

Apr 4

Categories: Sexual Problems / Sex Therapy

Written By:
Dr Oberdan Marianetti

GO

WELLBEING

Wellbeing is the state of being healthy and happy with our self, our relationships and throughout all aspects of our life, including work. Research* shows us that there is a direct impact of our employees’ wellness on their job performance.Employees wellbeing seminars have been proven to ...

Apr 2

Categories: Workplace Issues

GO

Living Your Life Again

We live in a fast-paced age. The world is a smaller place because of technology, internet, and airplanes through our skies.This advancement has lots of pluses. The speed, the technology, helps. Speaking for myself, I can conduct sessions anywhere I am to attend to those from varied places or ...

Mar 26

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Adjusting to Change / Life ...

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

How to Break Negative Cycle in Relationships?

The state of positivity in a relationship generally becomes the first victim of external pressure that get placed on one or both the partners. External pressures like a conflict with in-laws, financial troubles, professional challenges, parenting issues and others have the tendency to push couples ...

Mar 20

Categories: Marital Counseling, Relationships & Marriage

Written By:

GO

Love Aginst Hate

Hi, Dr. Park, I have been married for almost five years now and have decided that it's time to get much-needed marriage counseling. My wife has refused for far too long. I have tried to explain to her that it's not a bad thing and that it's not a method to put blame on anyone for anything. Frankly, she's extremely scared to face ...

Mar 18

Categories: Child and/or Adolescent Issues, Family Problems, Happiness, Marital ...

Written By:
Dr.Park, Jinseng

GO

After 18 Years, I'm Back

My dad was killed while on duty as a highway patrol officer near Lamphun when I was 8 years old. My parents were divorced long before that and I was mostly raised by my grandparents in Phichit. The police ruled my father's death a suicide but I can remember cigarette burn marks on his body at ...

Mar 9

Categories: Mental Health in Asia

Written By:
Amy Pattarapan Pothong

GO

5 Things Happy Couples Do for each other without Being Asked

14th February is that day of the year when we must celebrate our relationships and express our love. But Delhi’s eminent Relationship and Marriage Counsellor Shivani Misri Sadhoo shares that celebrating one Valentine day in a year is not enough. In healthy & blissful relationships, ...

Mar 8

Categories: Ending a relationship issues, Relationships & Marriage

Written By:

GO