Will it ever get any better?

Life includes a certain amount of suffering. Some of the sufferings include rejection, failure, loss and trauma.  When we are going through a difficult time, it can be hard to see the light. When we are depressed or sad, we can only remember the depressed or sad times.  It can be ...

Aug 5

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Depression, Emotional ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

What resilience is and isn’t

People often confuse resilience with “being tough” or “toughing it out.” A misconception is that you either have resilience, or you don’t. ...

Aug 5

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anxiety, Post Traumatic ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Can mindset, cold and breathing really heal us?

I still hear the admonitions as if it were yesterday. “Wear a hat, it’s cold and you’ll get sick” “Cover yourself or you’ll catch a fever, it’s cold outside” There are more, but I think you get the picture.Fast forward to 3+ years ago and I stumble on ...

Jan 31

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anxiety, Depression, Life ...

Written By:
Dr Oberdan Marianetti

GO

Is regret a warning light?

Happy New Year everyone, and thank you for the ongoing support!!!I noticed a pattern that continues to show up in conversations with my clients and I want to offer it as an opportunity for reflection and growth.We probably all have some regrets, tiny or huge that they may be, they tend to be ...

Jan 4

Categories: Anxiety, Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance

Written By:
Dr Oberdan Marianetti

GO

3 Ways to Manage Your (Expat) Expectations

Often frustrated, disappointed, or angry? Learn how shifting your expectations can create more peace and well-being.Let's talk about expectations. You've recently moved to a new country, or perhaps you're an expat already well adjusted to living abroad. Do your expectations influence ...

Jun 5

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anxiety, Emotional ...

Written By:
Robert Oleskevich @ Hero's Journey Therapy

GO

How An Anxiety Attack Turned Into An Enlightening Experience

Image Credits: pixabay.comI heard my heart pound as fast as it could! It was as if horses want to escape out of my chest. I was getting dizzier as time passed. Not to mention, I was sweating profusely. Every hair on my body went up! I knew I needed a break. My body's alarm system craved ...

May 5

Categories: Anxiety

Written By:
Miss Psychobabble

GO

The burden of everyday anxiety

It speaks to the stigma that is still attached to anxiety that one doesn’t ‘have anxiety’ unless they fit the image of a nervous wreck, unable to lead an ambitious and successful life. There is disbelief and even accusations of ‘attention seeking’ behavior that those whose lives appear ordered, achievement filled, ...

Nov 11

Categories: Anxiety, Stress Management

Written By:
Cherrie Chung

GO

Exercise and mental health: What you need to to know.

There are proven ways to manage common mental health concerns such as depression and anxiety. This includes psychotherapy or counseling, which allows a person to work through their challenges that they are facing, and to develop the skills in order to manage ...

Oct 28

Categories: Anxiety, Depression, Happiness, Mental Health in Asia

GO

Impact of Terrorism on psychological well begin and Mental Health in ...

Objective: To find out the impact of terrorism on mental health and behavioral patterns like Jealusy,Agression and hate of men and women in Pakistan and Indian people due to terroism.Place and Duration of Study: It was conducted in Karachi and Mumbai (Pakistan and India) over a period of five ...

Nov 14

Categories: Anxiety, Dissociation, Health Psychology, Mental Health in Asia, ...

Written By:
Dr. Hayat Ali Yousefzai

GO

International Panic Day

International Panic Day on 18th June 2016 serves as a reminder to all of us to step back and relax a bit. The folks who dedicate days to specific causes have actually assigned two official days annually to panic.  This is no doubt due to the fact that panic and stress are a common part of so ...

Jun 14

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anxiety, Fear, Panic issues, ...

Written By:
Dan Martin, MS Psych (Clinical), Registered Psychologist (Australia)

GO

Understanding your Anxiety

Anxiety is an extremely common condition. Everyone feels anxious at some point or other especially when faced with a particularly stressful situation. So when does this become a problem? It crosses over from a regular experience to an actual issue when it affects our ...

Oct 9

Categories: Anxiety

Written By:
Deepa Panirselvam/Jeevna Bajaj

GO

Anxiety treatment in Sydney

There are several major types of anxiety disorders, each with its own characteristics.Generalized anxiety disorder is a type of anxiety disorder in which a person is always in a state of fear and has negative thoughts about himself / herself and his / her possessions. He / She is always ruminating about the negative side of things or ...

Oct 1

Categories: Anxiety, Depression, Social Anxiety / Phobia

GO

Growing Old Without Getting Too Anxious

On Sunday afternoons, in a Thai restaurant, I normally take time to sit down with and talk to this group of aging men about life. It's interesting that they listen a lot to me even when I'm not yet a "senior citizen!" Growing older fills their minds. Yet they seem to feel ...

Apr 10

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Adult psychological ...

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Introduction to Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT)

Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT) is a goal directed intervention whereby a trained animal is incorporated into the therapeutic process, promoting the improvement of human’s physical, social, emotional and/or cognitive functioning. 1AAT is a therapeutic tool that can be utilized in the ...

Mar 16

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anger Management, Anxiety, ...

Written By:
Maureen Huang, MSW, AASW

GO
Page(s)123456