Why Do People Lash Out?

Lashing out can happen for multiple reasons.  Sometimes the person who lashes out feels a temporary release of stress and anger, but might later feel embarrassed or ashamed.  Lashing out can be a response to past trauma, a self-protective response or a way to control and devalue others. ...

Aug 21

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anger Management, Emotional ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Violence in marriage

Violence in marriage –  By Dr Sunil Kumar SharmaViolence or abusive behavior at home is any sort of conduct that a person uses, or undermines to use, to control a close accomplice. The two key components are risk and control. Aggressive behavior at home can take different structures that have been categorized into separate sections such ...

Aug 19

Categories: Anger Management, Domestic Violence, Marital Counseling

Written By:
Dr. Sunil Kumar Sharma

GO

Defeating Negative Emotions

Ordinarily, people get upset when faced with unpleasant or disturbing situations. It’s a common source for bad choices and moods in the game of life. I remember playing as a varsity chess player representing my university in national competitions. There were times when I’d sink ...

Jan 29

Categories: Anger Management, Communication Disorders Problems, Marital Counseling

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Why Am I So Angry?

Humans have emotions for a reason.  Some emotions keep us safe, social and on a certain life path.  Anger is an emotion that tells others, "don't mess with me," or "I want to feel in control." Anger helps us to feel powerful and it can motivate us.  Anger is not a problem, but how we react to it can be.1. ...

Jun 21

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anger Management, Control Issues, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Negative Assertion - Tricks of the Trade

Negative assertion rule is a great one when dealing with criticism and so can be used to great effect. e.g brother states “your always late when I need you” and he says this as I walk in the door 45 minutes late. I could chose to respond in an unhelpful negative way and just dismiss him and tell him to shut up or I could use the ...

Apr 15

Categories: Anger Management, Communication Disorders Problems

GO

The Art of Persuasion

“One of the best ways to persuade others is by listening to them” - DEAN RUSKMany people have a tendency to disregard the other point of view when trying to get their own point across. They forget to have a dialogue and instead rush into a carefully worded speech as to why they are ...

May 11

Categories: Adult psychological development, Anger Management, Couple Counseling

Written By:
Sudeeptha Grama

GO

Control Anger before it Controls You

Anger is one of the basic human emotions characterized by intense feelings of being antagonized or wronged (APA, 2015). Anger can sometimes be good, serving as the necessary motivation to remedy a situation. However, excessive anger can be detrimental to both mental and physical health. It has a ...

Jul 13

Categories: Anger Management, Stress Management

Written By:
Piyali Chakrabarti

GO

Introduction to Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT)

Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT) is a goal directed intervention whereby a trained animal is incorporated into the therapeutic process, promoting the improvement of human’s physical, social, emotional and/or cognitive functioning. 1AAT is a therapeutic tool that can be utilized in the ...

Mar 16

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anger Management, Anxiety, ...

Written By:
Maureen Huang, MSW, AASW

GO

Chess Therapy for Mental Health

Chess therapy is now used by numerous psychotherapists and doctors. It has become a popular creative psychotherapy technique in the past 20 years. This therapy has been known to produce positive results with children who have bipolar disorders, depression, ADHD, and neuro-behavioral disorders.Chess ...

Jul 1

Categories: Anger Management, Communication Disorders Problems, Sports Psychology

Written By:

GO

You are not alone. Being a parent can be extremely challenging.

For parents with babies 12 months and below, Maybe your baby is crying all of the time, or he or she doesn’t take interest in you.  Maybe you can’t find a way to calm your baby down, or you notice that he or she doesn’t like to be held.  Maybe your baby seems very ...

Jun 19

Categories: Academic Issues, Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anger ...

Written By:
Dynamics Therapy Centre for Kids Pte Ltd

GO

An Introduction To Art Therapy: A Brief Guide to Art Therapy as an ...

An Introduction to Art Therapy: A Brief Guide to Art Therapy by Andrew Wright, Art Psychotherapist, based in Dubai, UAE.) Art Therapy is a well-developed profession in the US and the UK and is an approach that is used to help people of all ages.Art Therapy is the use of the creative arts ...

Feb 20

Categories: Abortion, Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Addictions, Adjusting to ...

Written By:
Andrew C Wright HCPC registered (UK)

GO

Anger: You don't have buttons

Many people struggle with what they call an “anger management problem.” What people really mean is that they do not know how to choose differently, in a moment. They are struggling with solving what they ideally want or think should be with what is not happening in reality, and they ...

Feb 16

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anger Management, Marital Counseling, ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

Healing Toxic Anger

Many people have habitual and uncontrollable anger. Their anger is selfish. It's an automatic response to things not going their way. It could involve rage, explosion of temper, shouting, verbal abuse, and physical violence.When I met Lito, he was easily enraged and quick to explode at his wife and children. In various situations, even with ...

Feb 13

Categories: Addictions, Aggression & Violence, Anger Management

Written By:

GO

Demystifying the process of change in Counselling- How you get better

Counselling seems to be a pretty mysterious process for most people.  Unless things are REALLY bad, most people don’t think about counselling or think it’s too expensive or are just not sure how it works. Usually counselling is a last resort rather than a first stop for getting ...

Aug 25

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Addictions, Adjusting to Change / Life ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO
Page(s)12