Why Being Selfish Hurts You

Being selfish hurts you. It is dangerous.  

Jul 22

Categories: Anger Management, Borderline Personality Disorder, Self-Care / Self ...

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Vicarious Trauma

Vicarious trauma is a term to describe the reaction of people helpers in hearing their client's trauma stories. Vicarious trauma changes the people helpers' view about themselves, others and the world. It alters the sense of security, ability to trust others, self-esteem, capacity for connection and ability to self-regulate.

Feb 9

Categories: Self-Care / Self Compassion

Written By:
Rose

GO

You Are Both the Gardener and the Plant

image credit: pixabay

Jan 26

Categories: Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance, Mindfulness, Self-Care / ...

Written By:
Dr Oberdan Marianetti

GO

My partner cheated; now what?

Randy had been married for three years to someone that he thought was faithful.  He felt that they had a great relationship, and he didn’t see any problems that were out of the ordinary for couples.  He was shocked when he saw a notification come on his wife’s cell phone ...

Jan 8

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Complex PTSD, Divorce / ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

I’m contaminated

Most of us have a certain sense of safety and control over our bodies.  After a sexual assault, ...

Jan 8

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Complex PTSD, Emotional ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

But I don’t want to break-up…

Sara had been unhappy in her relationship for the last six months.  Her boyfriend would stay out until six am in the morning and then come home drunk.  She was often afraid that something terrible had happened to him.  She would tell him her concerns, but he would dismiss her or yell ...

Jan 8

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Divorce / Divorce Adjustment, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

People are doing the best they can with what they have

Andrew came home in a huff.  How could his new admin, Rita,  be such an idiot? She had messed up his busy schedule, and now he was late for dinner with his wife, Suzy.  Suzy was upset because she felt like Andrew was late because he didn’t value ...

Jan 8

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anxiety, Self-Care / Self ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

You are More than Your IQ

Ricky struggled in school for most of his life.  In primary school, he would battle to focus on what the teacher was saying; he felt like homework was boring. His parents would often be disappointed when he would bring home his report card.  Ricky felt his confidence ...

Jan 8

Categories: Academic Issues, Emotional Intelligence, Self-Care / Self Compassion, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

The Future of Counselling

Over the past three months, we’ve seen people, organisations and businesses make adjustments to adapt to “The New Normal”. While it has largely been a work in progress with everyone still figuring out the best way to go about things, we cannot deny that certain needs have been ...

Jul 8

Categories: Self-Care / Self Compassion

Written By:
Eugene Chong

GO

Till “death” do us part!

Really…now, this might just be one bubble that needs to be popped already.Marriage is a very personal affair. What works in one marriage may or may not work in another. The limits, the overstepping, the rights, the love are all personal and individual choices. There are laws that stipulate what may constitute legal and illegal behaviour/ ...

May 29

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Adult psychological ...

Written By:
Mini Nair

GO

Sexuality – The Last Frontier of Being an Expressed Adult?

Mar 15

Categories: Relationships & Marriage, Self-Confidence, Self-Love, Sexual ...

Written By:
Dr. Martha Tara Lee

GO

Handling Scars from a Mastectomy

I am thinking about why some women embrace their scars from a mastectomy (removal of the whole breast) and others hate theirs.

Mar 14

Categories: Relationships & Marriage, Self-Confidence, Self-Love

Written By:
Dr. Martha Tara Lee

GO

Satire about Online Dating

Ever notice how dating app profiles state anything along the lines of:

Mar 6

Categories: Relationships & Marriage, Self-Care / Self Compassion, ...

Written By:
Dr. Martha Tara Lee

GO

A new self-development programme shows significant improvements in ...

I have some exciting news following a small research project that I conducted over the last few months.I present the article in a scientific format for ease of reference, and it includes some technical information, but it is definitely written for any reader.

Dec 13

Categories: Depression, Happiness, Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance, ...

Written By:
Dr Oberdan Marianetti

GO

2 Biggest Mistakes Made When Trying Revive Up a Faltering Sex Life

Is your sex-lacking? Has your sex life stopped? Maybe you are the one always asking and getting turned down? Maybe you are the one that doesn't want the sex and don't feel you can be honest to yourself or your partner about why you don't want sex.When it comes to couples trying to ...

Sep 3

Categories: Adult psychological development, Anger Management, Codependency / ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO
Page(s)12