A First Step In Healing From Affairs

When I saw Tonton, a British doing business in the Philippines, he was severely hurt and depressed. He was in much tears. He had caught his wife cheating again over the internet and seeing the OP (other person). Along the way, he had somehow able to acknowledge to himself that his wife remained ...

Jan 8

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Addictions, Infidelity

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

How can a couple guard against an affair?

It is faulty thinking to believe that if you are attracted to someone else there must be something wrong at home. It is possible to be attracted to somebody else, even if you have a good marriage. The single most important protector against an affair is appropriate boundaries. In a culture where ...

Dec 7

Categories: Couple Counseling, Divorce / Divorce Adjustment, Ending a ...

GO

How is an Emotional Affair Different from a Friendship?

An emotional affair is when a person not only invests more of their emotional energy outside their marriage, but also receives emotional support and companionship from the new relationship. In an emotional affair, a person feels closer to the other party and may experience increasing ...

Nov 16

GO

Emotional Affairs, Emotional Cheating

Emotional Affairs are an issue that we see more and more. What is an emotional affair? It can be described as intense romantic feelings directed toward a person outside your primary relationship. In other words, having an emotional affair is falling in love with the potential or fantasy ...

Oct 24

GO

Infidelity, Cheating, Betrayal...now What?

No one gets a user manual on what to once an infidelity, as defined by one or both parties is discovered. Here are some things people need to consider before making any decision. What is infidelity? This may reveal value differences in a couple and highlight how little time a couple spent ...

Oct 13

Categories: Couple Counseling, Divorce / Divorce Adjustment, Emptiness, Ending a ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

It's Not a Communication Problem

It’s not a communication problem Married couples think because their partner doesn’t want what s/he wants or see the problem as s/he does, they have a communication problem.  People’s definition of a communication problem is that they are unable to get their partner to ...

Sep 7

Categories: Blended Family Issues, Codependency / Dependency, Communication ...

Written By:

GO

Counselling for Infidelity and Cheating in a Marriage

Counselling for Cheating or Infidelity in a Marriage Relationships can and do recover from marrital cheating and they can go on to survive and thrive. However the journey to a great marriage after learning about infidelity is a challenging path. There are several stages that married couples must ...

Aug 25

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Adult psychological ...

Written By:

GO

A new way to look at Depression and hope to get better

From the theoretical orientation of Dr. William Glasser, founder of Choice Theory Reality Therapy (CTRT), depression is seen as a chosen behaviour not an emotion that you are victim to. So CTRT therapist would say you are DEPRESSING or even anxieting or angering instead of being depressed, anxious or angry. All behaviour is purposeful in ...

Aug 25

Categories: Bereavement, Bipolar, Coping with Medical Problems, Couple ...

Written By:

GO

Demystifying the process of change in Counselling- How you get better

Counselling seems to be a pretty mysterious process for most people.  Unless things are REALLY bad, most people don’t think about counselling or think it’s too expensive or are just not sure how it works. Usually counselling is a last resort rather than a first stop for getting ...

Aug 25

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Addictions, Adjusting to Change / Life ...

Written By:

GO

Understanding Infidelity and What You can Do when it happens to You

One of the most painful events that can happen in a committed relationship such as marriage is to discover that your partner has been intimate with someone else. If this has happened to you, or you are the unfaithful partner, let me assure you that there is hope that the relationship can be ...

Jun 13

Categories: Infidelity, Relationships & Marriage

Written By:
Brian Scott

GO

Living A Life ... Or NonLife?

The first thing I noticed about Tom was his large frame and piercing eyes. He had come to call me on my mobile phone a few hours ago. And now, we were in a hotel, drinking coffee, and eventually past the pleasantries.He reached for the marrow of his purpose for meeting me. “I need help for ...

May 2

Categories: Addictions, Attachment Issues, Infidelity

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Can your relationship survive an affair?

One of the most frequent questions to arise in couples counselling is: can my relationship surive an affair? If you've just found out your partner has had an affair, you're probably devastated. Infidelity can have a major impact on the survival of your relationship and also your emotional ...

Mar 8

Categories: Ending a relationship issues, Infidelity, Marital Counseling, ...

GO

Maintaining Faithfulness in married Expat Couples

I recently came across an article titled "Expat wives losing hubbies to Asian women a big worry" in which expat wives in Singapore expressed worries on the trend of expat husbands leaving their wives for local women. In today's ...

Sep 20

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Infidelity

Written By:
Brian Scott

GO
Page(s)12