All About Depression

“A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.”

May 9

Categories: Depression

Written By:
Sudeeptha Grama

GO

Healing Your Holidays

“How do I emotionally survive the ‘merry’ holidays?,” consciously or unconsciously you ask your self.Perhaps you’re going through separation, wounds from infidelity, divorce, failure, severe trauma or tension. You fear the fact that you might not enjoy the holidays. ...

Dec 23

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Adult psychological ...

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Do You Have Bipolar Tendency or “Just” Mood Swing?

I’ve heard so many people talked about this. When someone has mood swing, she or he would asked me, “Am I have bipolar?”, “I felt ups and downs mood so I must be have bipolar, isn’t it?”, “Lately, I can’t control my emotion anymore and it ruin my ...

Feb 18

Categories: Bipolar, Depression, Mood Swings / Bipolar

GO

Distinguishing Grief and Depression

When we lose someone through death, it is common for grief, sadness, anger or anxiety to appear sometimes. While these mood issues might seem like depression, the experience of grief is quite different. Grief is precipitated by distress over the loss of another e.g. death. Generally people could go ...

Dec 1

Categories: Depression, Grief, Loss, Bereavement

GO

Treating Mums, Protecting Babies CATCHING PRE-AND POST-NATAL ...

The minute that tiny baby lands in your arms you are only supposed to feel joy, or so you’re told.Having a baby can be difficult and challenging. It’s hard to admit to feeling isolated, overwhelmed, and afraid. These feelings are common — so why is there a code of ...

Nov 3

Categories: Couple Counseling, Depression, Family Problems, Mental Health in ...

GO

Anxiety treatment in Sydney

There are several major types of anxiety disorders, each with its own characteristics.Generalized anxiety disorder is a type of anxiety disorder in which a person is always in a state of fear and has negative thoughts about himself / herself and his / her possessions. He / She is always ruminating about the negative side of things or ...

Oct 1

Categories: Anxiety, Depression, Social Anxiety / Phobia

GO

How Well Do You Know Your Self?

In the Dialogues of Plato, we read, "For self-knowledge would certainly be maintained by me to be the very essence of knowledge, and in this I agree with him who dedicated the inscription 'Know Thyself!' at Delphi."What does it take to know your self? It is to see and realize your ...

Sep 30

Categories: Addictions, Depression, Self-Esteem

Written By:

GO

Introduction to Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT)

Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT) is a goal directed intervention whereby a trained animal is incorporated into the therapeutic process, promoting the improvement of human’s physical, social, emotional and/or cognitive functioning. 1AAT is a therapeutic tool that can be utilized in the ...

Mar 16

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anger Management, Anxiety, ...

Written By:
Maureen Huang, MSW, AASW

GO

Safety Guidelines When Disclosing Mental Health Issues Online (A ...

Recently, I've heard accounts of cyberbullies targeting persons with mental health issues, particularly cult show fanbases posting on Tumblr and various blogging platforms. These cyberbullies allegedly send hate messages, feeding on the posters' anxieties with some even urging their prey to ...

Dec 29

Categories: Anxiety, Bullying, Depression, Suicide Prevention, Teenage Issues

Written By:
Kay Vardeleon

GO

Self-Compassion: Holding Your Self Kindly

He didn't see it coming. Around the last rounds of a singing reality contest on TV, I watched Lito so focused and reality was treating him well. The coaches were picking and advancing him. Then, reality slap came in. He was removed from advancing to the semi-final round.Lito saw me right after ...

Jun 25

Categories: Depression, Grief, Loss, Bereavement, Self-Care / Self Compassion

Written By:

GO

Grieving: How do you cope with loss?

Grieving is painful, and not only for the person grieving, but for the griever's loved ones, family and friends.  Unfortunately in modern society with its emphasis on speed and efficiency, some well-intentioned individuals who otherwise sympathize with the grieving person, may ...

May 8

Categories: Depression, Grief, Loss, Bereavement

Written By:
Brian Scott

GO

An Introduction To Art Therapy: A Brief Guide to Art Therapy as an ...

An Introduction to Art Therapy: A Brief Guide to Art Therapy by Andrew Wright, Art Psychotherapist, based in Dubai, UAE.) Art Therapy is a well-developed profession in the US and the UK and is an approach that is used to help people of all ages.Art Therapy is the use of the creative arts ...

Feb 20

Categories: Abortion, Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Addictions, Adjusting to ...

Written By:
Andrew C Wright HCPC registered (UK)

GO

Top 10 Psychology Articles in 2013

This new year, we look back at some of the topics and articles that resonated with our readers in 2013. Here are the 10 most read articles on Psychology Matters Asia.With clients who are dissatisfied with their lives and feel it is “all meaningless”, I have found it useful to ask ...

Jan 2

Categories: Addictions, Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Cognitive ...

Written By:
Psych Mat Asia Editor

GO

Is Your Thyroid Affecting Your Mental Health?

At times, medical conditions can mirror mental health concerns. Our thyroid is responsible for producing and regulating our hormones. These hormones in turn can affect energy levels, mood, and even weight. Abnormal thyroid levels can cause psychological concerns.If your thyroid is overactive in the ...

Dec 5

Categories: Anxiety, Coping with Medical Problems, Depression, Health / Illness / ...

Written By:
Dr. Hana Ra Adams PsyD., MA, LMFT

GO

Solving Problems Creatively: Part 1 Image, Symbol and Metaphor

Image, Symbol, and MetaphorImagine you have a problem that you cannot solve. You feel like you have a mental block. Your brain is tying itself in knots, it’s frustrating as you feel stuck. You cannot stand it any longer so you go for a walk. As your mind wanders you start to relax. Suddenly a ...

Sep 18

Categories: Career Development and Change, Creative Blocks, Emotional ...

Written By:
Andrew C Wright HCPC registered (UK)

GO
Page(s)12345