I feel spaced out

Betty often felt spaced out when she was at home alone.  She was so used to going and working hours on end, that when she had downtime, she felt anxious.  What “should” she be doing?  She was exhausted ...

Apr 24

Categories: Anxiety, Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) / Trauma / ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

How Not To Go Crazy While in Quarantine

How do you mentally prepare for the pandemic? How do you survive home quarantine or self isolation?Isolation and home quarantine can have real emotional and psychological “side effects.”We can lose our mind getting stuck at home!Let me share here with you my list: HOW NOT TO GO CRAZY ...

Apr 17

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Coping with Medical Problems, ...

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

The problems with isolation

Human babies need caregivers because they are born helpless.  This first bond between caregiver and baby develops our attachment system, which is linked to our nervous system. We learn as babies and then toddlers how to get our needs met through others.  As we grow into teenagers, we look ...

Apr 1

Categories: Anger Management, Anxiety, Complex PTSD, Depression, Emotional ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

The inner struggle of going bald

Most men begin to notice a receding hairline in their 20s. By the age of 50, half of all men have visible hair loss. At 60, it affects around two thirds. The majority of men, therefore, will at some point in their life, have hair loss. Even though male hair loss is incredibly common, it ...

Mar 8

Categories: Anxiety, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Depression, Other, Self-Care / ...

Written By:
Ahmer Zuberi

GO

The simple way to lead a meaningful life

Humanistic psychology is based on the belief that humans are unique beings and should be recognised and treated as such by psychologists and psychiatrists.According to humanistic psychologists, behaviourists are too concerned with the scientific study and analysis of actions (to the point that they ...

Mar 2

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anxiety, Depression, Positive ...

Written By:
Ahmer Zuberi

GO

The compassionate part of grief

When Zoie lost her mom, she felt ...

Feb 26

Categories: Depression, Divorce / Divorce Adjustment, Grief, Loss, Bereavement, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

The many faces of PTSD

Johnathon was a high functioning hedge fund manager.  He was successful and seemed to be doing well in his life except for in his relationships.  As a child, his father would hit him, and he could never predict when the violence ...

Feb 17

Categories: Anger Management, Anxiety, Complex PTSD, Depression, Post Traumatic ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

The harm in not feeling good enough

When people feel like they are not good enough, they harm themselves inadvertently.  This harm can look like not taking care of their hygiene ...

Jan 30

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Depression, Ending a ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Debts and Mental Health

Money is powerful. It can be a cruel, relentless master.  Money problems often lead to mental health issues.Teresa is deep in credit card debts. By the hundreds of thousands. Part of it, a result of getting scammed by a cash-dependent boyfriend.Although working, her salary cannot possibly meet ...

Jan 24

Categories: Depression, Fear, Self-Care / Self Compassion

Written By:

GO

A new self-development programme shows significant improvements in ...

I have some exciting news following a small research project that I conducted over the last few months.I present the article in a scientific format for ease of reference, and it includes some technical information, but it is definitely written for any reader.

Dec 13

Categories: Depression, Happiness, Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance, ...

Written By:
Dr Oberdan Marianetti

GO

What Do I Do With My Mistakes?

The Roman philosopher Cicero once wrote, “Man is liable to error, and it is a fool who continues in error.”

Dec 11

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Depression, Marital Counseling

Written By:

GO

A Secret to Personal Power and Peace

When I was a teenager, I learned the game of chess. An uncle who used to stay in a place near us taught me the fundamentals.

Sep 29

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Attachment Issues, Depression

Written By:

GO

Will it ever get any better?

Life includes a certain amount of suffering. Some of the sufferings include rejection, failure, loss and trauma.  When we are going through a difficult time, it can be hard to see the light. When we are depressed or sad, we can only remember the depressed or sad times.  It can be ...

Aug 5

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Depression, Emotional ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO
Page(s)12345