Speaking the Language of Love to our Children

Communicating with our child can be a big challenge. As parents you are trying to get our children to do what we think they need to do in order to become competent and capable adults. Often our children have ideas of their own. One reason this is really challenging is that it takes 25 years to ...

Sep 7

Categories: Attachment Issues, Blended Family Issues, Child and/or Adolescent ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

How does anti-social behavior during Childhood shape the Adult life

“Hate is as injurious to the subject of hate as it is to the object of hate.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. This statement made by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. has been one of my lifelong favorites. It goes past the typical non-violence quote by concentrating on how violent thoughts ...

Oct 25

Categories: Adult psychological development, Antisocial personality, Child and/or ...

Written By:
Tony Brown

GO

Can Fun and Play Improve Intelligence?

Derek Bok, lawyer, professor and former president of Harvard University once said, “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.” I have to wonder if Mr. Bok had ever heard of Collège Alpin International Beau Soleil in Switzerland. At over $100,000 US per year for tuition, ...

Aug 10

Categories: Academic Issues, Child and/or Adolescent Issues

Written By:
Tony Brown

GO

Aurora Incident: Does Violent Media Cause Aggressive Behavior?

For years there has been a controversy surrounding the question of a causal link between exposure to violent media and aggressive behavior. At least as far back as 1986 when the video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City was released, the public has been divided over whether not such media has a ...

Jul 28

Categories: Aggression & Violence, Child and/or Adolescent Issues

Written By:
Tony Brown

GO

Can Your Parenting Style Influence your Child’s Weight?

Asian Americans are the least likely of all Americans to be obese. That is what a Gallup poll, released a few days ago on July 17, 2012 in America reported. After reading about that report I decided ...

Jul 23

Categories: Child and/or Adolescent Issues, Parenting

Written By:
Tony Brown

GO

State of support for Children with Disabilities in Singapore

When I first moved to Singapore, I was initially struck by just how differently the attitude towards children with disabilities were from what I had known it to be in the west. A number of studies have shown the extreme gap in resources for people suffering with mental health disorders throughout ...

Nov 27

Categories: Caregiver Issues / Stress, Child and/or Adolescent Issues, ...

Written By:
Jennifer Sunderland

GO
Page(s)123