Doubts about getting married? Research says do not ignore them

The Science of Marriage In the first science study done by UCLA on marriage and divorce it found—when women have doubts before their wedding, their misgivings are often a warning sign of trouble if they go ahead with the marriage. The psychologists studied 464 newlywed spouses (232 couples) ...

Aug 25

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Divorce / Divorce Adjustment, ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

Psychotherapy in the Coffee Shop

I do many of my psychotherapy sessions in the coffee shop. That may sound surprising and even strange to you. Especially, if you're the traditional type who dislikes innovation or "outside the box." ...

May 27

Categories: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Happiness, Life Purpose / Meaning / ...

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Swim Yourself Happy?

It’s well known that exercise is an effective treatment for depression, but recent research has enabled psychiatrists to give guidance on precisely how much exercise is enough exercise to give the desired results when treating depression. So how are therapists using exercise in their treatment regimes, and should they be using it ...

May 14

Categories: Happiness

GO

Eleanor Rigby and all the lonely people

In 1966, the Beatles wrote about Eleanor Rigby and the lonliness and depression she experienced: All the lonely people Where do they all come from? All the lonely people Where do they all belong? Loneliness is something that ...

May 10

Categories: Attachment Issues, Bullying, Codependency / Dependency, Depression, ...

Written By:
Joanna Fishman

GO

Are you worth the money for therapy?

There is this man who claims he has no money for therapy. He owns a car and condominium unit, smokes 3 packs of cigarettes a day, and dines out in expensive restaurants. If he sets aside funds even just by stopping smoking, he could afford to pay for his weekly personal therapy.Doctors ...

Apr 29

Categories: Happiness, Self-Care / Self Compassion

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Am I Doing what I Really, Really, Want to Do?

With clients who are dissatisfied with their lives and feel it is “all meaningless”, I have found it useful to ask “Are you doing what you really, really, want to do?” Initially many clients are a bit stunned by this question but then after a moment of reflection many reply ...

Feb 25

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Career Development and ...

Written By:
Brian Scott

GO
Page(s)123