It’s not always a good idea to stay together for the children

David and Ann have been married for twelve years and have three children under the age of ten.  David works long hours and comes back home stressed and tired. David and Ann have frequent arguments, and David becomes physically and verbally abusive towards Ann and sometimes the children.  ...

Oct 14

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Divorce / Divorce Adjustment, Ending a ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

5 TIPS TO AVOID A BREAKDOWN IN RELATIONSHIP

Do you feel that your relationship is nearing an end? Avoiding a breakdown in a relationship asks efforts, particularly dealing with relationship issues such as physical disloyalty, anxiety, health issue, a shortage of quality time spending, or an emotional matter.

Sep 29

Categories: Couple Counseling, Ending a relationship issues, Marital Counseling, ...

Written By:
Counsellor Shivani Misri Sadhoo

GO

How can I stay present with my family?

While commuting home, you realise that you still have unread emails and phone calls to make.  At the same time, you are wondering if the kids made it back from school and what you will have for dinner.  Earlier today, your client got upset, which in turn made your manager upset.  ...

Sep 11

Categories: Family Problems, Parenting, Relationships & Marriage

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Do I really need to love myself before I can find love?

For the most part, people would like to find a healthy and loving relationship.  People who have had complicated relationships in the past might be confused about what a healthy relationship is.  As they are searching for love, friends and family might say things like, “you have to ...

Sep 4

Categories: Anxiety, Attachment Issues, Relationships & Marriage

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

2 Biggest Mistakes Made When Trying Revive Up a Faltering Sex Life

Is your sex-lacking? Has your sex life stopped? Maybe you are the one always asking and getting turned down? Maybe you are the one that doesn't want the sex and don't feel you can be honest to yourself or your partner about why you don't want sex.When it comes to couples trying to ...

Sep 3

Categories: Adult psychological development, Anger Management, Codependency / ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

Why Do People Lash Out?

Lashing out can happen for multiple reasons.  Sometimes the person who lashes out feels a temporary release of stress and anger, but might later feel embarrassed or ashamed.  Lashing out can be a response to past trauma, a self-protective response or a way to control and devalue others. ...

Aug 21

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anger Management, Emotional ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

How can I help my partner overcome past abuse?

If you are in a relationship with someone who has been abused, it can be confusing and sometimes frustrating.  If the person has not been able to resolve the abuse in their mind, they might act in ways that push you away. They might lash out when they are feeling anxious, accuse you of things ...

Aug 17

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

My last relationship was abusive, and now, I struggle to feel safe in ...

After being abused by someone you thought you could trust ...

Aug 7

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Emotional Abuse, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Conflict Management 101

Sometimes we might find ourselves in high-pressure situations with our spouse or co-workers, which can lead to heated arguments and conflict. When we feel under attack, it is easy to become defensive and want to counterattack. Here is a quick guide to managing conflict.The person you are in ...

Aug 5

Categories: Communication Disorders Problems, Divorce / Divorce Adjustment, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Who Wants Temporary Friendships?

​I enjoy watching the sun when it rises. It’s beautiful. But I get to savor it only for awhile because it sets.One way or another, every thing or experience must end. There’s no such thing as a lifetime insurance or guarantee. That includes relationships.Psychotherapist Dr. Irvin ...

Jul 24

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Relationships & Marriage, ...

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Signs your Wife is Unhappily Married

Some say that women are like the weather, so unpredictable! But, when her partner ignores her for the better of himself, it is then the woman slowly starts to feel unhappy in the marriage. When the two of you stand at the altar to take each other vows, you tend to say it with meaning and from your ...

Jul 16

Categories: Marital Counseling, Relationships & Marriage

Written By:

GO

Three little nuggets for more intimate, authentic relationships

Three practices (including the V-word) for more genuine and lasting relationships:Have you ever been frustrated with how difficult it is to meet genuine, real people? Or disappointed in how elusive intimate relationships seem to be? Maybe you’re just curious about how to connect with others in more authentic ways. If you can relate, this ...

Jul 13

Categories: Relationships & Marriage

Written By:
Robert Oleskevich @ Hero's Journey Therapy

GO

How To Deal With Feeling Unwanted And Unloved

Have you ever experienced abandonment in your life? Before you come to know how deep the wounds of being “second best” or “not worthy” runs inside you. Are you aware of how feeling unwanted has changed the person who you are and the way you interact with others? We are ...

Mar 19

Categories: Depression, Marital Counseling, Positive Psychology, Relationships ...

Written By:

GO
Page(s)1234