How Can I Express How I Really Feel?

Sometimes we might have a difficult time expressing how we feel because we are afraid of how others will react or what they might think of us. We might have a hard time expressing how we feel because we are not sure what it is we are feeling. Emotions can be complex. Part of it might be because we tell ourselves that how we feel doesn't ...

Jun 21

Categories: Adult psychological development, Emotional Intelligence, Empathy, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Understanding Trauma

Trauma occurs when an accident, abuse, loss or something unpredictable causes us to feel emotions such as intense fear, shock, denial and distress. For the most part, people might have trauma reactions such as nightmares, hypervigilance or physical symptoms after a tragic or dangerous event that heals by itself after a short period. However, ...

Jun 21

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Adult psychological development, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Identifying Toxic People

Identifying toxic relationships and abuseToxic relationships often harm our self-esteem and leave us feeling drained of energy. When we learn how to recognize toxic relationships and abuse we can move away from them. If we have a history of being abused, we may not recognise that we are caught in a cycle of abuse. After reading this article, ...

Jun 21

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Adjusting to Change / Life ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Perception is Everything

Everyone views the world through the lens of their own reality.  In a sense, we all live in a different universe.  Though we may be experiencing the same events, the way we interpret the event may be different.  When we are depressed, anxious or grieving, we have a tendency to forget that things will get better.  When all you ...

Jun 21

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Adult psychological ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Suicide and Soul Pain

Recently, two well-loved celebrities committed suicide. The world is stunned and sad.

Jun 12

Categories: Adult psychological development, Depression, Suicide Prevention

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

The Power of the Mind

“You have power over your mind, not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”  Marcus Aurelius A few weeks ago, I was invited to participate to “Pause Salon, Power of the Mind” where I had the pleasure to share my thoughts with like-minded ...

May 21

Categories: Adult psychological development, Happiness, Health Psychology, ...

GO

Escape from Motherhood

Motherhood. You don't have to be a psychologist to know that quality of mothering is crucial to every human. It can make or break children. The mother-relationship is a most important relationship in every human being's life. Her character, personality, and method of child rearing have ...

Apr 23

Categories: Adult psychological development, Child Development, Parenting

Written By:

GO

Checklist Before You Starting a New Relationship – Relationship Tips

The relationship is a tricky aspect of one's life and if things go wrong, it can devastate us and if a relationship is right, it can bless us with a wonderful life partner.As easy as it is to shrug it off and blame it on the other person, there are certain things everyone needs to ...

Jul 27

Categories: Adult psychological development, Ending a relationship issues, ...

Written By:
Couples Therapist Shivani Misri Sadhoo

GO

The Art of Persuasion

“One of the best ways to persuade others is by listening to them” - DEAN RUSKMany people have a tendency to disregard the other point of view when trying to get their own point across. They forget to have a dialogue and instead rush into a carefully worded speech as to why they are ...

May 11

Categories: Adult psychological development, Anger Management, Couple Counseling

Written By:
Sudeeptha Grama

GO

Healing Your Holidays

“How do I emotionally survive the ‘merry’ holidays?,” consciously or unconsciously you ask your self.Perhaps you’re going through separation, wounds from infidelity, divorce, failure, severe trauma or tension. You fear the fact that you might not enjoy the holidays. ...

Dec 23

Written By:

GO

Healing Your Self With Reality

British poet Thomas Eliot once wrote in 1935, “Human kind can not bear very much reality.” 30 years later, he as well as his loved ones were forced to bear reality. Thomas stopped writing – and breathing. It’s painful but it’s fact.

Jan 9

Written By:

GO

5 Little Known Ways to Be Happy

Looking for tips on how to be happy may seem tacky at first. But on second thought, why should it be? Many people in the world are actually living in bliss; so we know that happiness is not a myth. For something worth having as the elusive H, it’s best to have up-to-date ...

Oct 31

Categories: Adult psychological development, Life Purpose / Meaning / ...

Written By:
Kay Vardeleon

GO

Train Psych, Anyone?

I've been thinking today of trains. Trains are weird places, don't you think? Especially crowded ones. In numerous occasions, I'd have speaking tours before Koreans and Filipinos in Seoul (also in other parts). Whenever I'd ride their trains, I'd be with fellow Filipinos. ...

Jul 7

Categories: Adult psychological development, Emotional Intelligence, Social ...

Written By:

GO

Growing Old Without Getting Too Anxious

On Sunday afternoons, in a Thai restaurant, I normally take time to sit down with and talk to this group of aging men about life. It's interesting that they listen a lot to me even when I'm not yet a "senior citizen!" Growing older fills their minds. Yet they seem to feel ...

Apr 10

Written By:

GO

The Psychological Crisis of Middle Age

As people reach middle years, there appears to be a developmental or psychological crisis common to all men and women. Psychologist Dr. Eric Erikson defines middle adulthood as between 40 and 65. These are the years when people are faced more closely with the inevitable aspect of the aging ...

Oct 26

Written By:

GO
Page(s)1234