Freud Is An Enemy, Not A Friend

Sigmund Freud, father of psychoanalysis, gave many deep insights on psychology and psychotherapy. Unfortunately, he missed seeing clearly the “wholeness of man” and the very essence of human nature. Many of his theories were “anti-spirit” part and reinforcing a ...

Nov 25

Categories: Adult psychological development, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mental ...

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Retirement Life Therapy

This past few weeks, I've been doing a series of messages on happiness among attendees of my weekly hospital life recovery group. Since quite a number of patients in this hospital are aged or retirees, I tried to zero in on issues affecting this particular age group (though am not a member of ...

Oct 30

Categories: Adult psychological development, Aging & Geriatric Issues, Health ...

Written By:

GO

Obsessing About Failure

There are people who obsess about missed opportunities or being bested by others. They spend hours, even weeks, replaying what had happened, wondering what went wrong and figuring out why they weren't successful. They do this to the point they get emotionally drained.Obsessing about failure is ...

Oct 14

Categories: Adult psychological development, Happiness

Written By:
Kay Vardeleon

GO

Nothing Is As Healing As Human Touch

People do get addicted. And the reason why they can't just quit is because they get a kind of relief - temporarily. Turning to material, visible, or concrete things somehow work to make the pain of unmet needs go away. Unfortunately, they're not reliable. They change and we can know what to ...

Sep 9

Categories: Addictions, Adult psychological development, Antisocial personality

Written By:

GO

Counselling for Infidelity and Cheating in a Marriage

Counselling for Cheating or Infidelity in a Marriage Relationships can and do recover from marrital cheating and they can go on to survive and thrive. However the journey to a great marriage after learning about infidelity is a challenging path. There are several stages that married couples must ...

Aug 25

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Adult psychological ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

Demystifying the process of change in Counselling- How you get better

Counselling seems to be a pretty mysterious process for most people.  Unless things are REALLY bad, most people don’t think about counselling or think it’s too expensive or are just not sure how it works. Usually counselling is a last resort rather than a first stop for getting ...

Aug 25

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Addictions, Adjusting to Change / Life ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

Psychopathology of Evil

One time, I had a long counseling session with a distraught couple. Things started to get hairy when the husband and wife related to me about unexplainable, “supernatural” appearances happening in their home.  Just several days ago, the wife (along with a companion) said ...

Jul 18

Categories: Adult psychological development, Couple Counseling, Fear

Written By:

GO

A Key To Your Highest Self

Last night, a few of my friends met up an accident prior to their arrival in the restaurant where we set a dinner fellowship. Already delayed, they still had to go to the police station to file a report. When, finally, they arrived, I was smiling at them. Jokingly, I asked them, "What lesson ...

Jun 15

Categories: Adult psychological development, Self-Care / Self Compassion, ...

Written By:

GO

Solitude Therapy

Each of us is alone. In our human existence, aloneness is an inevitable fact of life. We entered this world alone. We will exit this world alone.I've discovered in my life and in the life of others that how we embrace our aloneness determines whether it will be toxic or nourishing.Toxic ...

May 1

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Adult psychological ...

Written By:

GO

Laughter Therapy

Do you know that an average toddler laughs about 200 times each day? And according to researchers of laughter, the toddler registers only 6 laughs a day by the time he reaches average adulthood. Tell me, where did the toddler lose 194 laughs?I have a theory. At least, for my self. I think I start ...

Apr 7

Categories: Adult psychological development

Written By:

GO

Attachment: The Importance of First Relationships

If you are interested in relationships, you will be interested in learning about attachment theory. This theory highlights the importance of the relationship between infants and their caregivers. Our relationships in adult life are affected by the quality of this first emotional bond. Indeed, much of what couple counselling ...

Feb 15

Categories: Adult psychological development, Attachment Issues, Child ...

GO

Can Video Games improve your Attention?

Several years ago after having served in the U.S. Army as a flight medic, I decided to take advantage of some veteran-friendly prices and obtain a private pilot’s license. The $5,000 US price tag, however, was a bit too much for my. Imagine my surprise when an army pilot told me that 10 of ...

Dec 18

Categories: Adult psychological development, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity ...

Written By:
Tony Brown

GO

Is there a relationship between codependency and ADHD?

Codependency and adult attention deficit hyperactivity are special areas of clinical interest for me. Over the past couple of years, I had begun to notice that clients who initially had come for codependency treatment, frequently exhibited symptoms of ADHD. It also seemed that clients in ...

Nov 29

Categories: Adult ADHD, Adult psychological development, Codependency / Dependency

Written By:
Brian Scott

GO

How does anti-social behavior during Childhood shape the Adult life

“Hate is as injurious to the subject of hate as it is to the object of hate.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. This statement made by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. has been one of my lifelong favorites. It goes past the typical non-violence quote by concentrating on how violent thoughts ...

Oct 25

Categories: Adult psychological development, Antisocial personality, Child and/or ...

Written By:
Tony Brown

GO

Can Depression in an Individual be predicted?

What if we had the ability to predict or even prevent mental illness? A study in the Australian Journal of Psychology1 suggests that we may be able to soon. We estimate that by 2030 depression will be the leading cause of disease burden worldwide2 This is forecasted despite the fact that our ...

Sep 27

Categories: Adult psychological development, Depression

Written By:
Tony Brown

GO
Page(s)123