5 Little Known Ways to Be Happy

Looking for tips on how to be happy may seem tacky at first. But on second thought, why should it be? Many people in the world are actually living in bliss; so we know that happiness is not a myth. For something worth having as the elusive H, it’s best to have up-to-date ...

Oct 31

Categories: Adult psychological development, Life Purpose / Meaning / ...

Written By:
Kay Vardeleon

GO

Healing In Routine

When recovering from illness or breakdown, it can be easy to feel bored by routine. Since one is developing new healthy habits to heal, one may feel trapped at a certain point. This is especially so when healing gets routine and a voice within protests against changing.Professionally and ...

Aug 30

Categories: Addictions, Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Life Purpose / ...

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Self-Sabotage : Are You Getting in the way of Your Own Happiness and ...

It’s not uncommon in therapy for me to work with clients who desperately want to achieve a personal goal – such as to be in a fulfilling relationship, save more money, lose weight, or find a dream job – yet somehow find themselves engaging in behaviours and beliefs which ...

Jan 13

Categories: Happiness, Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance, Self-Care / Self ...

Written By:
Anoushka Beh

GO

Year-End Mental Health Prescription

Time to visit your thoughts. That would be my mental health prescription for you this year-end. It's a most essential thing you can do as the holidays wind up.Oh yes, your Christmas and New Year's parties and gifts and foods may have been special. The songs ... the smiles ... the smells ... ...

Jan 1

Categories: Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance, Mental Health in Asia, ...

Written By:

GO

Surrendering Your Story

I think one of the most powerful things we can do to create change in our lives is to give up ‘our story’. By this , I mean to let go of parameters and limiting beliefs that we have brought from previous experience into present day. When we do this, we allow ourselves to fully embrace ...

Dec 26

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Emotional Intelligence, Life ...

Written By:
Anoushka Beh

GO

Money and Mental Health

Money is neutral but it's a proven drug that can destroy lives.This therapy insight has not come easily for me. I too am exposed to a pervading culture where we are all in. A culture that puts so much stock on the temporary. To find security in money. To fall in love with possessions, the ...

Mar 14

Categories: Addictions, Family Problems, Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance

Written By:

GO

How Journaling can Change your Life

Journaling is a way to improve your understanding of yourself. It provides a platform on which you can stand so that you can observe yourself. Self-knowledge, including discovering your strengths and weaknesses, your likes and dislikes is essential for making life decisions and for self-fulfilment. ...

Mar 5

Categories: Addictions, Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Life Purpose / ...

Written By:
Brian Scott

GO

Is Gestalt Therapy Ok?

Gestalt Therapy, one of today's popular psychotherapy approaches, is founded by psychotherapist Dr. Fritz Perls. The following well-known Gestalt prayer written by Dr. Perls in the 1960s captures the spirit of this therapeutic approach:"I do my thing and you do your thing, I am not in this ...

Feb 12

Categories: Addictions, Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance, Strengths ...

Written By:

GO

A new way to look at Depression and hope to get better

From the theoretical orientation of Dr. William Glasser, founder of Choice Theory Reality Therapy (CTRT), depression is seen as a chosen behaviour not an emotion that you are victim to. So CTRT therapist would say you are DEPRESSING or even anxieting or angering instead of being depressed, anxious or angry. All behaviour is purposeful in ...

Aug 25

Categories: Bereavement, Bipolar, Coping with Medical Problems, Couple ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

Demystifying the process of change in Counselling- How you get better

Counselling seems to be a pretty mysterious process for most people.  Unless things are REALLY bad, most people don’t think about counselling or think it’s too expensive or are just not sure how it works. Usually counselling is a last resort rather than a first stop for getting ...

Aug 25

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Addictions, Adjusting to Change / Life ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

Psychotherapy in the Coffee Shop

I do many of my psychotherapy sessions in the coffee shop. That may sound surprising and even strange to you. Especially, if you're the traditional type who dislikes innovation or "outside the box." ...

May 27

Categories: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Happiness, Life Purpose / Meaning / ...

Written By:

GO

The story of the two wolves: Managing your thoughts, feelings and ...

Have you ever had thoughts, feelings or acted in ways that were unacceptable to yourself but felt powerless to control? The purpose of this post is to help you find ways to manage your mind so that you can live your life more in accordance with what your own judgment says is best for you. As we ...

Feb 21

Categories: Control Issues, Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance, Personality ...

Written By:
Brian Scott

GO

How to improve your life by better managing your self-talk

Over the past 15 years, as part of a program of self exploration and development, I developed the habit of journaling on a daily basis. As part of that practice I started to record my ideas, memories etc on a voice recorder. Not only did this practice provide an abundance of ideas for my ...

Nov 11

Categories: Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance, Positive Psychology, ...

Written By:
Brian Scott

GO
Page(s)12