Betrayed and Blindsided: How to Heal and Trust Again

Eric felt his legs buckle. He was in shock. Discovering that his wife of twelve years, Misty, had been leading a double life left him reeling. She had another relationship and hobbies he was entirely unaware of. He had believed he knew her intimately. With this revelation, Eric began to question ...

Aug 23

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Divorce / Divorce Adjustment, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Why divorce feels traumatic and what you can do about it

Written by Monica Borschel, PhD and Christopher Meyer, Family Law PractitionerDivorce carries a lot of grief with it. There is a possible loss of time with your children, your partner, parts of your identity, and your possessions. On top of the grief, there can be some trauma. The trauma can be ...

Aug 1

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Complex PTSD, Divorce / Divorce ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

THE MYTH OF LOW SEXUAL DESIRE

Do you and your spouse have difficulties having sex? Are you guys having fights or conflicts because you keep saying that you don't have the same libido? Are you the self-described low desire person in your relationship? Have you been doing research on low desiring and wondering how to fix it? ...

Feb 13

Categories: Codependency / Dependency, Emotional Intelligence, Individuation, ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

HOW TO PICK YOUR THERAPY PROVIDER

Are you in a time of crisis individually or in your marriage? Have you recently suffered a great loss and you are feeling overwhelmed? Are you looking to do counselling? Are you looking to do psychotherapy? Are you looking to do marriage counselling? Are you not really sure what you are looking ...

Jun 29

Categories: Abortion, Couple Counseling, Ending a relationship issues, Family of ...

Written By:

GO

Healing from Infidelity

Infidelity is a deepest psychological cut. It’s a leading cause of breakdown, separation, and divorce in marriages or romantic relationships.Betrayal in intimate relationships can be so devastating that it can lead to suicide, homicide, and other crimes of passion.In my years of practice as a ...

Feb 18

Categories: Couple Counseling, Infidelity, Marital Counseling

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

The Financially-Dependent Wife and Tough Love

”Straighten up or leave,” says Mary to her husband Don. He left. And things still worked out beautifully for her.

Jul 13

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Infidelity, Marital Counseling

Written By:

GO

Arranged Sex in an Arranged Marriage Part 3

Arranged marriages are still very common in a large part of the world and make a significant portion of my therapy practice. I have the privilege to help these couples improve the quality of their relationships.  I’ve written two other articles on sex in arranged marriages. Please visit ...

Jan 5

Categories: Family Problems, Infidelity, Marital Counseling, Men's Issues, ...

Written By:

GO

Arranged Sex in an Arranged Marriage Part 2

Working with a wide range of clients from different cultures and religions is a great privilege and honor that I get to experience in my profession. In a previous article on arranged marriage, I discussed one of the common early stages of how being in an arranged marriage can complicate the sex and ...

Jan 5

Categories: Family Problems, Infidelity, Marital Counseling, Men's Issues, ...

Written By:

GO

Handling Your Pain

Pain is inevitable in human life. Whether physical or emotional pain, no one escapes this reality. What do you do when it comes?Many years ago, I was at the bedside of my younger sister, Cecille, who got confined at the ICU of the Philippine Heart Center. She wailed, gripped the bed rail ...

Feb 25

Categories: Addictions, Infidelity, Pain management

Written By:

GO

Why Do Mistresses Exist?

Image Credits: pixabay.com (CC0 Public Domain)As much as people despise the "other woman" or the "other man", they are there for a reason. History suggests that powerful men tend to gather great numbers of women and as we all know, history can repeat itself. Modern times ...

Nov 6

Categories: Ending a relationship issues, Infidelity, Love addiction

Written By:
Miss Psychobabble

GO

Loneliness: What You Need

Several months ago, a British man came to see me with his Filipina wife. There I felt the heaviest weights their hearts can endure. After being shown indisputable evidences of her affair with a younger man, the wife hurriedly walked out. Tears flowing from his eyes as a flooding river in the night, ...

Sep 16

Categories: Ending a relationship issues, Grief, Loss, Bereavement, Infidelity

Written By:

GO

The sex conversation all couples should have but most don't until ...

For most couples, monogamy and sexual fidelity are an assumed part of their relationship contract. However, the extent of this assumed contract discussion is essentially:“We are not going to sleep with other people…right? …  Yeah”Then most people leave it at that and ...

Aug 10

Categories: Couple Counseling, Infidelity, Marital Counseling, Men's Issues, ...

Written By:

GO

Reason why people cheat - beside sex

"Reprinted from Sexual Intelligence™ Marty Klein, Ph.D. (www.SexualIntelligence.org)."Cheating, infidelity, adultery—no matter what you call it, it’s a staple of popular culture. Articles with titles like “Why he cheats,” “Affair-proofing your ...

Jul 2

Categories: Couple Counseling, Infidelity, Marital Counseling, Men's Issues, ...

Written By:

GO

Dealing with Betrayals in Your Relationship

Betrayals in relationship change the quality and functioning of the relationship in dramatic ways. Trust is the primary aspect affected as well as the betrayed partner’s sense of safety in the couple. Betrayals bring up many dilemmas for the couple. Few couples have the skills or the ...

May 11

Written By:

GO

Rebuilding After Affair Trauma

Susan has been cheated on by her husband. She is broken. It's so difficult for her to make it through each day. She struggles with finding energy to get out of bed each morning. Physically, she is very listless, trying to hold her self together. Her recurring post-affair memories and thoughts ...

Feb 18

Categories: Addictions, Couple Counseling, Infidelity

Written By:

GO
Page(s)12