What to do if you are in an intimate relationship with someone who ...

I quite frequently receive heartbreaking requests from individuals who are in a painful relationship or marriage in which their mate is suffering from some kind of serious psychological problem such as alcoholism, gambling addiction etc.  Often these  individuals are isolated and confused ...

Jun 17

Categories: Addictions, Family Problems, Mental Health in Asia, Relationships ...

Written By:
Brian Scott

GO

Money and Mental Health

Money is neutral but it's a proven drug that can destroy lives.This therapy insight has not come easily for me. I too am exposed to a pervading culture where we are all in. A culture that puts so much stock on the temporary. To find security in money. To fall in love with possessions, the ...

Mar 14

Categories: Addictions, Family Problems, Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Problem Children, Problem Parents

Parenthood in our society is more an idea of how to “raise kids.” There are problem children, but not problem parents. Yet the truth and reality of the matter is, parenthood needs to be more the growth and development of parents.I’m reminded of a sobbing mother who came over ...

Feb 25

Categories: Child and/or Adolescent Issues, Family Problems, Parenting

Written By:

GO

An Introduction To Art Therapy: A Brief Guide to Art Therapy as an ...

An Introduction to Art Therapy: A Brief Guide to Art Therapy by Andrew Wright, Art Psychotherapist, based in Dubai, UAE.) Art Therapy is a well-developed profession in the US and the UK and is an approach that is used to help people of all ages.Art Therapy is the use of the creative arts ...

Feb 20

Categories: Abortion, Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Addictions, Adjusting to ...

Written By:
Andrew C Wright HCPC registered (UK)

GO

Healing The Parent-Teen Gap

When Dino came with his Mom to see me, I wasn't sure if he was going to get sick, tremble, or shout. He was frozen, unmovable. He refused to speak and looked like Rambo while glaring at his Mom. His eyes flashed a lot of anger while his Mom was telling me their story..The tears of his Mom laid ...

Jan 22

Categories: Family Problems, Parenting, Teenage Issues

Written By:

GO

Psychotherapy for the Poor

Traditional, mainstream psychotherapy is largely "middle class" in nature and practice. It's basic worldview involves conceptions of mental health that promote middle class themes and values. Rationality. Scientific analysis. Work ethic. Control of emotions.  Strategic planning. ...

Jan 11

Categories: Family Problems, Pivotal Response Treatment, Relationships & ...

Written By:

GO

How can a couple guard against an affair?

It is faulty thinking to believe that if you are attracted to someone else there must be something wrong at home. It is possible to be attracted to somebody else, even if you have a good marriage. The single most important protector against an affair is appropriate boundaries. In a culture where ...

Dec 7

Categories: Couple Counseling, Divorce / Divorce Adjustment, Ending a ...

GO

Creating a Joint Parenting Plan you both love

Parents are always focused on what is good for their kids. However, what most parents don’t realize is, that what kids needs above all else are two parents that get along, support each other and work as team, especially when it comes to parenting. So many couples grossly underestimate how ...

Nov 21

Categories: Blended Family Issues, Child and/or Adolescent Issues, Couple ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

How is an Emotional Affair Different from a Friendship?

An emotional affair is when a person not only invests more of their emotional energy outside their marriage, but also receives emotional support and companionship from the new relationship. In an emotional affair, a person feels closer to the other party and may experience increasing ...

Nov 16

GO

Should you force your Spouse into Marriage Counselling?

Are you struggle with a marriage that isn't working the way you want it too but your partner isn't as interested or motivated as you are to fix it? Do you really need to have your spouse or romantic partner attend counselling in order to make it better? The short answer is no, you do ...

Nov 12

Categories: Couple Counseling, Divorce / Divorce Adjustment, Domestic Violence, ...

Written By:

GO

Emotional Affairs, Emotional Cheating

Emotional Affairs are an issue that we see more and more. What is an emotional affair? It can be described as intense romantic feelings directed toward a person outside your primary relationship. In other words, having an emotional affair is falling in love with the potential or fantasy ...

Oct 24

GO

Infidelity, Cheating, Betrayal...now What?

No one gets a user manual on what to once an infidelity, as defined by one or both parties is discovered. Here are some things people need to consider before making any decision. What is infidelity? This may reveal value differences in a couple and highlight how little time a couple spent ...

Oct 13

Categories: Couple Counseling, Divorce / Divorce Adjustment, Emptiness, Ending a ...

Written By:

GO

ADHD Over diagnosis: Chemical imbalance its a hypothesis not a fact

The author sees that there are many factors contributing to the over diagnosis of ADHD. In the United States, there are social, medical and parenting forces at play that contribute to more than 4.4 million children between the ages of 4 to 17 years old having an ADHD diagnosis and a dramatic ...

Oct 3

Categories: Academic Issues, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), ...

Written By:

GO

Solving Problems Creatively Part 2: Art Therapy with young people

Art Therapy with young people In Solving Problems Creatively Part 1, I explored how the creative process can solve problems. In Part 2, I will illustrate how symbols, depicted in art therapy, can be metaphors to express feelings and difficult experiences.Art Therapy in practice: Children and ...

Sep 19

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Adjusting to Change / Life ...

Written By:
Andrew C Wright HCPC registered (UK)

GO

No Fear in Correcting Your Child's Sleep! Learn how to do it Right!

Don't let the fear of crying or bad stories put you off of sleep training one day longer. In my years of working with families often the "horror" stories of sleep come from the fact that there is a lot of inappropriate application of various sleep methods combined ...

Sep 19

Categories: Caregiver Issues / Stress, Child and/or Adolescent Issues, Child ...

Written By:

GO
Page(s)123