Keeping your relationship secure though you are apart

If trust is an issue because of past experiences in your life, or as a couple, find ways to build trust or enable trust. Is trust low because you don’t trust yourself?  Is trust low because of a past affair ...

May 7

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anxiety, Attachment Issues, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Keeping your relationship healthy when you’re both at home

People in Hong Kong have been feeling economic and relationship stress due to Coronavirus.  When couples are stressed, they might turn away from each other instead of towards each other.  Take, for example, the case of Alan and Cynthia.Alan is stressed because he works in sales and he ...

May 7

Categories: Divorce / Divorce Adjustment, Ending a relationship issues, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Diplomacy – heart of a lost art.

In a society where meeting genuine people is getting rarer by the day, the question emerges – Where is the line between diplomacy and hypocrisy? We do want people who are polite, well mannered, gentle, kind, assertive, loyal, focussed and honest. A list of wishful qualities? Not really. There are so many virtuous people around us, and then, ...

Apr 25

Categories: Empathy, Ending a relationship issues, Personality problems, ...

Written By:
Mini Nair

GO

Dating after a painful breakup or divorce

When Cherise met Thomas, she thought that she had finally met the man of her dreams.  He was intelligent and charming.  After dating for three years, they decided to marry.  It seemed as if everything was going smoothly until two years later after their first child was ...

Mar 11

Categories: Ending a relationship issues, Relationships & Marriage, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Resentment is killing my relationship

Ken felt like he did everything in his relationship.  He works long hours to provide enough money to support his family.  When he comes home from work, his wife, Sherie, is out with her friends, at the gym or otherwise doing her own thing.  Ken usually comes home hungry and to hungry ...

Jan 30

Categories: Control Issues, Ending a relationship issues, Relationships & ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

The harm in not feeling good enough

When people feel like they are not good enough, they harm themselves inadvertently.  This harm can look like not taking care of their hygiene ...

Jan 30

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Depression, Ending a ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

I’m so confused, should I stay or should I go?

Sometimes people find themselves confused in relationships.  They might wonder should I be with this person? Am I a good partner?  Is my relationship toxic?  What should I take responsibility for and what shouldn’t I take responsibility for?  If you are asking yourself ...

Jan 30

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Ending a relationship issues, Post ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Things You Should Know About The Post-Marriage Depression

You have all given your entire energy into the wedding for days and months, and you have gone through the complete process of hiring, buying, and returning everything possible. Now, you are beginning to feel blues. Is post-marriage depression a reality, or is it all in your mind?

Jan 24

Categories: Ending a relationship issues, Love addiction, Marital Counseling, ...

Written By:
Counsellor Shivani Misri Sadhoo

GO

Things a Real Man does when he is into a Relationship

A few women feel a real man do not exist, that he is impossible to get. Some women do not want somebody like him. On the other hand, many men think they are the best definition of a real man.

Jan 2

Categories: Ending a relationship issues, Marital Counseling, Relationships & ...

Written By:

GO

Surviving the holidays with a broken heart

The holiday season can be particularly painful for those who are going through or have recently gone through a loss ...

Dec 11

Categories: Ending a relationship issues, Stress Management

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

It’s not always a good idea to stay together for the children

David and Ann have been married for twelve years and have three children under the age of ten.  David works long hours and comes back home stressed and tired. David and Ann have frequent arguments, and David becomes physically and verbally abusive towards Ann and sometimes the children.  ...

Oct 14

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Divorce / Divorce Adjustment, Ending a ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

5 TIPS TO AVOID A BREAKDOWN IN RELATIONSHIP

Do you feel that your relationship is nearing an end? Avoiding a breakdown in a relationship asks efforts, particularly dealing with relationship issues such as physical disloyalty, anxiety, health issue, a shortage of quality time spending, or an emotional matter.

Sep 29

Categories: Couple Counseling, Ending a relationship issues, Marital Counseling, ...

Written By:

GO

Conflict Management 101

Sometimes we might find ourselves in high-pressure situations with our spouse or co-workers, which can lead to heated arguments and conflict. When we feel under attack, it is easy to become defensive and want to counterattack. Here is a quick guide to managing conflict.The person you are in ...

Aug 5

Categories: Communication Disorders Problems, Divorce / Divorce Adjustment, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO
Page(s)123