Emotional Intelligence and your career

This infographic on the topic 'Emotional Intelligence and Your Career' which looks at how EQ (emotional intelligence) is the new IQ.See the full infographic below: Created by Brighton School of Business and Management ...

Dec 15

Categories: Career Development and Change, Emotional Intelligence

Written By:
Psych Mat Asia Editor

GO

Train Psych, Anyone?

I've been thinking today of trains. Trains are weird places, don't you think? Especially crowded ones. In numerous occasions, I'd have speaking tours before Koreans and Filipinos in Seoul (also in other parts). Whenever I'd ride their trains, I'd be with fellow Filipinos. ...

Jul 7

Categories: Adult psychological development, Emotional Intelligence, Social ...

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Boost Your Happiness and Beat the Blues in 3 Easy Steps

I believe strongly that Happiness is Our Birthright. Yet so many of us, myself included, have days where we feel really bogged down by the pressures we might have at home or work, by ruminations on the past and concerns about the future. We wake up worried about the things we need to complete over ...

Apr 20

Categories: Emotional Intelligence, Happiness, Self-Confidence

Written By:
Anoushka Beh

GO

Talking to Our Emotive Brain

A lot of the work that we do as therapists involves helping clients to become more comfortable with and aware of their ‘less-than-comfortable’ emotions – and indeed some of my articles before this one have addressed the importance of learning to become more open to negative ...

Apr 7

Categories: Emotional Intelligence, Positive Psychology, Self-Care / Self ...

Written By:
Anoushka Beh

GO

Surrendering Your Story

I think one of the most powerful things we can do to create change in our lives is to give up ‘our story’. By this , I mean to let go of parameters and limiting beliefs that we have brought from previous experience into present day. When we do this, we allow ourselves to fully embrace ...

Dec 26

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Emotional Intelligence, Life ...

Written By:
Anoushka Beh

GO

Staying With Intensity - What Hot Yoga and Therapy Have In Common

It’s Friday morning and I’m probably 30 minutes into my 1 hour Hot Hour Bikram Yoga class, which in the 15 years that I’ve been practicing on a weekly basis could be the 3648 time I’ve done this – and yet as I feel the heat emanating off my mat, feeling into my warrior ...

Dec 10

Categories: Emotional Intelligence, Mindfulness, Stress Management

Written By:
Anoushka Beh

GO

Why Inspiration Matters

In ” Why Inspiration Matters” ( Psychology Today, 2011) , Scott Kaufman discusses the power of inspiration as a real driving force towards helping us ...

Oct 24

Categories: Emotional Intelligence, Positive Psychology, Workplace Issues

Written By:
Anoushka Beh

GO

The Power of Self-Compassion

Self- compassion is always an interesting and well deliberated topic in my therapy room- and it comes up ,with most clients, at least once across the sessions that I see them for. Central to the Buddhist tradition of non-duality, its often embodied in the form of a lotus flower ; a reminder of the ...

Oct 16

Categories: Emotional Intelligence, Positive Psychology, Self-Care / Self ...

Written By:
Anoushka Beh

GO

An Introduction To Art Therapy: A Brief Guide to Art Therapy as an ...

An Introduction to Art Therapy: A Brief Guide to Art Therapy by Andrew Wright, Clinical Director and Art Psychotherapist, ATIC (1ST Art Therapy Centre in Dubai, UAE.) Art Therapy is a well developed profession in the US and the UK and is an approach that is used to help people of all ages.

Feb 20

Categories: Abortion, Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Addictions, Adjusting to ...

Written By:
Andrew C Wright (AthR), HCPC registered (UK), BAAT (UK).

GO

Solving Problems Creatively: Part 1 Image, Symbol and Metaphor

Image, Symbol and MetaphorImagine you have a problem that you cannot solve. You feel like you have a mental block. Your brain is tying itself in knots, it’s frustrating as you feel stuck. You cannot stand it no longer so you go for a walk. As your mind wanders you start to relax. Suddenly a ...

Sep 18

Categories: Career Development and Change, Creative Blocks, Emotional ...

Written By:
Andrew C Wright (AthR), HCPC registered (UK), BAAT (UK).

GO

A new way to look at Depression and hope to get better

From the theoretical orientation of Dr. William Glasser, founder of Choice Theory Reality Therapy (CTRT), depression is seen as a chosen behaviour not an emotion that you are victim to. So CTRT therapist would say you are DEPRESSING or even anxieting or angering instead of being depressed, anxious or angry. All behaviour is purposeful in ...

Aug 25

Categories: Bereavement, Bipolar, Coping with Medical Problems, Couple ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

Demystifying the process of change in Counselling- How you get better

Counselling seems to be a pretty mysterious process for most people.  Unless things are REALLY bad, most people don’t think about counselling or think it’s too expensive or are just not sure how it works. Usually counselling is a last resort rather than a first stop for getting ...

Aug 25

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Addictions, Adjusting to Change / Life ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

How our Childhood Experiences affect our Adult Relationships

Our childhood teaches us how to relate to others. Adult romantic relationships rely on using the patterns of relating we learn in infancy. Counsellors are trained to help us to deal with complex psychological issues which are damaging to our close relationships. Therapeutic approaches like relationship counselling, draw on psychological ...

Jul 24

Categories: Communication Disorders Problems, Couple Counseling, Emotional ...

Written By:
Joanna Fishman

GO

The Brain and Emotions

I’m reminded of one of Dr. Sigmund Freud’s psychodynamic concepts, “ego defenses.” Ego defenses are inhibiting internal mechanisms that prevent us from “knowing” early emotional pain through rationalizing, analyzing, explaining away, minimizing, ...

Apr 23

Categories: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Emotional Abuse, Emotional Intelligence

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Why it is hard to measure Emotional Intelligence?

“The sign of an intelligent people is their ability to control their emotions by the application of reason.” This quote by the 20th century writer Marya Mannes sums up has Western thought has subordinated emotion to intelligence since just after the time of Charles Darwin. Darwin ...

Mar 22

Categories: Emotional Intelligence

Written By:
Tony Brown

GO
Page(s)12