Top Ten Specific Mental Disorders

Most of us worry about the possibility of getting physically sick at some time in our life and that is why insurance coverage of medical diseases is so common. However, how many of us even think about developing a psychological illness let alone get insurance coverage for it? Yet a recent and very ...

Apr 16

Categories: Adult ADHD, Agoraphobia, Anxiety, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity ...

Written By:
Psych Mat Asia Editor

GO

What stops people with mental health issues from seeking treatment?

Worldwide, a large majority of those with mental illness fail to receive adequate treatment and hence undergo unnecessary suffering. Arguably as tragic is the suffering experienced by the family members who agonize about the inexplicable and seemingly never ending mental anguish of their loved ...

Feb 7

Categories: Depression, Prejudice / Discrimination, Mental Health in Asia, Self ...

Written By:
Brian Scott

GO

How can you help a family member or friend who may be suffering from ...

As a practising psychologist in Singapore, I often receive calls from distraught family members asking what they can do if they have a family member or friend who they suspect is suffering from depression but who is reluctant to see a mental health professional. The main goal in this situation, is ...

Jan 25

Categories: Depression, Family Problems

Written By:
Brian Scott

GO

Book review of “My Voice: Overcoming”

On hearing of a newly published book on depression titled “My Voice; Overcoming”, I decided to contact the author, Mr Chua Seng Lee , to determine if there was some way of introducing this insightful book to readers of my blog. He was extremely friendly in our email exchanges and ...

Dec 6

Categories: Depression

Written By:
Brian Scott

GO
Page(s)1234