My loyalty and commitment were used against me

Andrew was a marine who was taught that commitment and loyalty were what made a man brave.  These core values ...

Oct 28

Categories: Complex PTSD, Grief, Loss, Bereavement, Positive Psychology, Post ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

It was then that he realized he was unbreakable

Ryan grew up in the foster system.  There were pleasant and not so friendly foster homes.  He was in and out of the juvenile hall for crimes he committed to make ends meet.  Ryan’s basketball coach, Derek, understood Ryan’s situation, and he wanted him to turn ...

Oct 28

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Attachment Issues, Complex ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

This is your hour…so what would you like to talk about?

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you.  I have never done this before ...

Oct 13

Categories: Anxiety, Complex PTSD, Mental Health in Asia, Post Traumatic Stress ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Healing from abusive childhood experiences

When Sam was a child, his father would drink and then come home and smash the house.  From his bed, he could hear his mother crying.  His mother would crawl into Sam’s bed at night and cry.  Sam was confused.  He didn’t know how to help his mother, and he felt scared ...

Jan 8

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Complex PTSD, Emotional Abuse, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

My partner cheated; now what?

Randy had been married for three years to someone that he thought was faithful.  He felt that they had a great relationship, and he didn’t see any problems that were out of the ordinary for couples.  He was shocked when he saw a notification come on his wife’s cell phone ...

Jan 8

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Complex PTSD, Divorce / ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

I’m contaminated

Most of us have a certain sense of safety and control over our bodies.  After a sexual assault, ...

Jan 8

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Complex PTSD, Emotional ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Your therapist is there to help not to judge

April was struggling with depression ...

Jan 8

Categories: Abortion, Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anxiety, Complex PTSD, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Healing from abusive childhood experiences

When Sam was a child, his father would drink and then come home and smash the house.  From his bed, he could hear his mother crying.  His mother would crawl into Sam’s bed at night and cry.  Sam was confused.  He didn’t know how to help his mother, and he felt scared ...

May 21

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Complex PTSD, Emotional Abuse, ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

The problems with isolation

Human babies need caregivers because they are born helpless.  This first bond between caregiver and baby develops our attachment system, which is linked to our nervous system. We learn as babies and then toddlers how to get our needs met through others.  As we grow into teenagers, we look ...

Apr 1

Categories: Anger Management, Anxiety, Complex PTSD, Depression, Emotional ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

The many faces of PTSD

Johnathon was a high functioning hedge fund manager.  He was successful and seemed to be doing well in his life except for in his relationships.  As a child, his father would hit him, and he could never predict when the violence ...

Feb 17

Categories: Anger Management, Anxiety, Complex PTSD, Depression, Post Traumatic ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO
Page(s)12