How does anti-social behavior during Childhood shape the Adult life

“Hate is as injurious to the subject of hate as it is to the object of hate.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. This statement made by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. has been one of my lifelong favorites. It goes past the typical non-violence quote by concentrating on how violent thoughts ...

Oct 25

Categories: Adult psychological development, Antisocial personality, Child and/or ...

Written By:
Tony Brown

GO

Can Fun and Play Improve Intelligence?

Derek Bok, lawyer, professor and former president of Harvard University once said, “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.” I have to wonder if Mr. Bok had ever heard of Collège Alpin International Beau Soleil in Switzerland. At over $100,000 US per year for tuition, ...

Aug 10

Categories: Academic Issues, Child and/or Adolescent Issues

Written By:
Tony Brown

GO

Aurora Incident: Does Violent Media Cause Aggressive Behavior?

For years there has been a controversy surrounding the question of a causal link between exposure to violent media and aggressive behavior. At least as far back as 1986 when the video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City was released, the public has been divided over whether not such media has a ...

Jul 28

Categories: Aggression & Violence, Child and/or Adolescent Issues

Written By:
Tony Brown

GO

Can Your Parenting Style Influence your Child’s Weight?

Asian Americans are the least likely of all Americans to be obese. That is what a Gallup poll, released a few days ago on July 17, 2012 in America reported. After reading about that report I decided ...

Jul 23

Categories: Child and/or Adolescent Issues, Parenting

Written By:
Tony Brown

GO

State of support for Children with Disabilities in Singapore

When I first moved to Singapore, I was initially struck by just how differently the attitude towards children with disabilities were from what I had known it to be in the west. A number of studies have shown the extreme gap in resources for people suffering with mental health disorders throughout ...

Nov 27

Categories: Caregiver Issues / Stress, Child and/or Adolescent Issues, ...

Written By:
Jennifer Sunderland

GO
Page(s)123