You are not alone. Being a parent can be extremely challenging.

For parents with babies 12 months and below, Maybe your baby is crying all of the time, or he or she doesn’t take interest in you.  Maybe you can’t find a way to calm your baby down, or you notice that he or she doesn’t like to be held.  Maybe your baby seems very ...

Jun 19

Categories: Academic Issues, Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anger ...

Written By:
Dynamics Therapy Centre for Kids Pte Ltd

GO

The Disease of Self

I was sitting in a mall coffee shop. Suddenly, a man I’d met only a few times before approached my table. Across him, I watched his face contort as we conversed. Listening to his sighs and moans, he complained about lots of people who irritated him because they won’t meet his demands or ...

Dec 11

Categories: Adult psychological development, Attachment Issues, Parenting

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Solving Problems Creatively Part 2: Art Therapy with young people

Art Therapy with young people In Solving Problems Creatively Part 1, I explored how the creative process can solve problems. In Part 2, I will illustrate how symbols, depicted in art therapy, can be metaphors to express feelings and difficult experiences.Art Therapy in practice: Children and ...

Sep 19

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Adjusting to Change / Life ...

Written By:
Andrew C Wright (AthR), HCPC registered (UK), BAAT (UK).

GO

Solving Problems Creatively: Part 1 Image, Symbol and Metaphor

Image, Symbol and MetaphorImagine you have a problem that you cannot solve. You feel like you have a mental block. Your brain is tying itself in knots, it’s frustrating as you feel stuck. You cannot stand it no longer so you go for a walk. As your mind wanders you start to relax. Suddenly a ...

Sep 18

Categories: Career Development and Change, Creative Blocks, Emotional ...

Written By:
Andrew C Wright (AthR), HCPC registered (UK), BAAT (UK).

GO

Get your Relationship Ready to bring your baby home

Bringing a baby into a couple’s life is one of the biggest changes a couple will have to work out together.  Unfortunately couples grossly underestimate how much this tiny bundle of joy will change their individual lives and their relationships and as a result do not prepare for it. ...

Sep 11

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anxiety, Attachment Issues, ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

Speaking the Language of Love to our Children

Communicating with our child can be a big challenge. As parents you are trying to get our children to do what we think they need to do in order to become competent and capable adults. Often our children have ideas of their own. One reason this is really challenging is that it takes 25 years to ...

Sep 7

Categories: Attachment Issues, Blended Family Issues, Child and/or Adolescent ...

Written By:

GO

Demystifying the process of change in Counselling- How you get better

Counselling seems to be a pretty mysterious process for most people.  Unless things are REALLY bad, most people don’t think about counselling or think it’s too expensive or are just not sure how it works. Usually counselling is a last resort rather than a first stop for getting ...

Aug 25

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Addictions, Adjusting to Change / Life ...

Written By:

GO

Eleanor Rigby and all the lonely people

In 1966, the Beatles wrote about Eleanor Rigby and the lonliness and depression she experienced: All the lonely people Where do they all come from? All the lonely people Where do they all belong? Loneliness is something that ...

May 10

Categories: Attachment Issues, Bullying, Codependency / Dependency, Depression, ...

Written By:
Joanna Fishman

GO

Living A Life ... Or NonLife?

The first thing I noticed about Tom was his large frame and piercing eyes. He had come to call me on my mobile phone a few hours ago. And now, we were in a hotel, drinking coffee, and eventually past the pleasantries.He reached for the marrow of his purpose for meeting me. “I need help for ...

May 2

Categories: Addictions, Attachment Issues, Infidelity

Written By:

GO

What It Takes To Heal

Healing can happen only in a climate of openness and truth.This is the tragedy of Mina. Mina was caught in adultery, one which traumatized her husband. Her need to deny or "stonewall" her wrongdoing prevented her personal, marital, and family healing. What's her primary wound? I ...

Apr 22

Categories: Addictions, Attachment Issues, Couple Counseling

Written By:

GO

Attachment: The Importance of First Relationships

If you are interested in relationships, you will be interested in learning about attachment theory. This theory highlights the importance of the relationship between infants and their caregivers. Our relationships in adult life are affected by the quality of this first emotional bond. Indeed, much of what couple counselling ...

Feb 15

Categories: Adult psychological development, Attachment Issues, Child ...

GO
Page(s)1