Freud Is An Enemy, Not A Friend

Sigmund Freud, father of psychoanalysis, gave many deep insights on psychology and psychotherapy. Unfortunately, he missed seeing clearly the “wholeness of man” and the very essence of human nature. Many of his theories were “anti-spirit” part and reinforcing a ...

Nov 25

Categories: Adult psychological development, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mental ...

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Demystifying the process of change in Counselling- How you get better

Counselling seems to be a pretty mysterious process for most people.  Unless things are REALLY bad, most people don’t think about counselling or think it’s too expensive or are just not sure how it works. Usually counselling is a last resort rather than a first stop for getting ...

Aug 25

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Addictions, Adjusting to Change / Life ...

Written By:
Tammy M. Fontana, MS NCC CTRT Sex Therapist USA

GO

Psychotherapy in the Coffee Shop

I do many of my psychotherapy sessions in the coffee shop. That may sound surprising and even strange to you. Especially, if you're the traditional type who dislikes innovation or "outside the box." ...

May 27

Categories: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Happiness, Life Purpose / Meaning / ...

Written By:

GO

The Brain and Emotions

I’m reminded of one of Dr. Sigmund Freud’s psychodynamic concepts, “ego defenses.” Ego defenses are inhibiting internal mechanisms that prevent us from “knowing” early emotional pain through rationalizing, analyzing, explaining away, minimizing, ...

Apr 23

Categories: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Emotional Abuse, Emotional Intelligence

Written By:

GO

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy as Adjunctive Treatment for Psychosis

As mindfulness and CBT make their way into mainstream medicine, there are many hurdles to clear. We need to accomplish more research on the anatomical correlates, neural substrates and cognitive descriptions. We will also need to educate more healthcare practitioners who, until now consider ...

Jan 28

Categories: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy

Written By:
Tony Brown

GO
Page(s)1