Christmas Materialism and Mental Health

This morning, as I was sipping my brewed coffee, I read a Christmas comment of Pope Francis (a psychologist himself) of the world's 1.2  billion Catholics. He remarked and decried that Christmas has always been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows. ...

Dec 27

Categories: Abortion, Addictions, Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, ...

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

“It’s too late when we die”

“It’s too late when we die”, this amazingly powerful reminder by Mike & The Mechanics seems to be topical to our modern, crazy, unnecessarily busy lives.Maybe you are the corporate employee who spends 10-12-14 hours at day in the office.

Dec 21

Categories: Happiness, Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance, Relationships ...

Written By:
Dr Oberdan Marianetti

GO

Reflections On Being Perfect

It’s so easy to look in the mirror and think, rightly or wrongly, that we are a failure.We are constantly judging ourselves by the standards that others have placed upon us. Wealth, body image, house location, children’s school, holiday destinations or clothing are only a few of the ...

Dec 6

Categories: Happiness, Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance, Mindfulness

Written By:
Dr Oberdan Marianetti

GO

Healing Your Self With Reality

British poet Thomas Eliot once wrote in 1935, “Human kind can not bear very much reality.” 30 years later, he as well as his loved ones were forced to bear reality. Thomas stopped writing – and breathing. It’s painful but it’s fact.

Jan 9

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Adult psychological ...

Written By:

GO

Making the right choices

Life is stressful in modern times. Each one of us are multitasking to fit in the numerous demands of life daily. Often amidst the craziness of daily demands, life seems to spiral out control. We feel stressed, helpless, often wondering how we ended up where we are now.The good news is instead of ...

Jan 8

Categories: Career Development and Change, Happiness, Stress Management, ...

Written By:
Piyali Chakrabarti

GO

Self-Compassion

Having compassion for oneself is really no different than having compassion for others. Think about what the experience of compassion feels like. First, to have compassion for others you must notice that they are suffering. If you ignore that homeless person on the street, you can’t feel compassion for how difficult his or her experience is. ...

Nov 2

Categories: Happiness

Written By:
Anjum Mehmood Siddiqui

GO

3 Things to Transform Crisis into Opportunity

Sometimes things have to fall apart. We are trained , for the most part however, to look at crisis as a negative thing – a time that is filled with pain, loss and much suffering. Yet I wonder if this sort of thinking is serving us. What would happen if we were to look at the ...

Aug 31

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Happiness, Mindfulness

Written By:
Anoushka Beh

GO

A Teaspoon of Novelty can Change Your Life

”When people are inspired , they have more brain real-estate” –  Says Julia Volkman of BrainBasics in this excellent article on ...

Jun 24

Categories: Happiness, Learning Difficulties, Positive Psychology

Written By:
Anoushka Beh

GO

Boost Your Happiness and Beat the Blues in 3 Easy Steps

I believe strongly that Happiness is Our Birthright. Yet so many of us, myself included, have days where we feel really bogged down by the pressures we might have at home or work, by ruminations on the past and concerns about the future. We wake up worried about the things we need to complete over ...

Apr 20

Categories: Emotional Intelligence, Happiness, Self-Confidence

Written By:
Anoushka Beh

GO

Introduction to Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT)

Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT) is a goal directed intervention whereby a trained animal is incorporated into the therapeutic process, promoting the improvement of human’s physical, social, emotional and/or cognitive functioning. 1AAT is a therapeutic tool that can be utilized in the ...

Mar 16

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anger Management, Anxiety, ...

Written By:
Maureen Huang, MSW, AASW

GO

Hardwiring Happiness - A Psychologist's Musings on her own Journey ...

I wake up this morning and don’t feel quite right - I can't quite put my finger on it at the moment, but already I have a niggling feeling this is going to be a difficult morning.My daughter was up all night with a runny nose and ended up sleeping most of the night in my bed - I on the ...

Feb 10

Categories: Happiness, Positive Psychology, Self-Care / Self Compassion

Written By:
Anoushka Beh

GO

Self-Sabotage : Are You Getting in the way of Your Own Happiness and ...

It’s not uncommon in therapy for me to work with clients who desperately want to achieve a personal goal – such as to be in a fulfilling relationship, save more money, lose weight, or find a dream job – yet somehow find themselves engaging in behaviours and beliefs which ...

Jan 13

Categories: Happiness, Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance, Self-Care / Self ...

Written By:
Anoushka Beh

GO

Daddy, Daddy, can you play with me?

“Daddy, Daddy, can you play with me?” This sentence comes up every now and then from my two wonderful children, age 7 and 5.Both my children were born premature. I remembered when I first laid my eyes on my children; they seemed no bigger than the size of a kitten. Even though they ...

Jan 28

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Child and/or Adolescent ...

GO

Obsessing About Failure

There are people who obsess about missed opportunities or being bested by others. They spend hours, even weeks, replaying what had happened, wondering what went wrong and figuring out why they weren't successful. They do this to the point they get emotionally drained.Obsessing about failure is ...

Oct 14

Categories: Adult psychological development, Happiness

Written By:
Kay Vardeleon

GO

Therapy, Personality, Life

Yesterday, I had a whole-day fun-filled, interactive university lecture/seminar on psychotherapy and personality before 200+ psychology students over at RTU in Manila. Celine, Jovic, and their team did excellent organizing, which brought memories of my years in undergraduate psychology (not too ...

Oct 10

Categories: Happiness, Personality problems, Workplace Issues

Written By:

GO
Page(s)123