The Opportunity in Struggle

Life is unpredictable, which can be both scary and exciting. Due to this unpredictability, we might find ourselves in situations we don’t want to be in, and we might struggle to find the way out.Take, for example, the case of Mary. Mary left the United States to move to Hong Kong because her ...

Jan 30

Categories: Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions, Anxiety, Life Purpose / ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

A new self-development programme shows significant improvements in ...

I have some exciting news following a small research project that I conducted over the last few months.I present the article in a scientific format for ease of reference, and it includes some technical information, but it is definitely written for any reader.

Dec 13

Categories: Depression, Happiness, Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance, ...

Written By:
Dr Oberdan Marianetti

GO

Surviving the holidays with a broken heart

The holiday season can be particularly painful for those who are going through or have recently gone through a loss ...

Dec 11

Categories: Ending a relationship issues, Stress Management

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

I don’t have time to decompress

Cynthia is a single mom of two active boys.  To support her children she also needs to work.  She feels guilty ...

Oct 23

Categories: Caregiver Issues / Stress, Relaxation techniques, Stress Management

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Why Do People Lash Out?

Lashing out can happen for multiple reasons.  Sometimes the person who lashes out feels a temporary release of stress and anger, but might later feel embarrassed or ashamed.  Lashing out can be a response to past trauma, a self-protective response or a way to control and devalue others. ...

Aug 21

Categories: Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues, Anger Management, Emotional ...

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

The Benefits of Stress: Finding the Optimal Level

“I’m stressed!” When you hear these words, you probably imagine the many situations in life when you have felt stressed or nervous. The reality is that most of us wish stress would just disappear as it often leads to intense emotional pain. Let’s look at stress from another perspective, however. It may seem ...

Aug 20

Categories: Anxiety, Happiness, Stress Management

Written By:
Andrew Adler, Ph.D.

GO

Escaping Everyday Stress

Stress is both a blessing and a curse. We need enough stress to motivate us to get out of bed in the morning and accomplish our goals. However, too much pressure can damage our mental and physical health. Finding balance with family, work and other relationships can be a challenge if you are ...

Aug 5

Categories: Stress Management

Written By:
Dr Monica Borschel

GO

Suicide and Soul Pain

Recently, two well-loved celebrities committed suicide. The world is stunned and sad.

Jun 12

Categories: Adult psychological development, Depression, Suicide Prevention

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO

Trust Begins In The Mother's Womb

Yesterday, I was sharing with a couple that the first stage of trust begins inside the mother's womb. Not after birth, based upon current research in prenatal psychology. Inside the mother's womb, the fetus-child is already sensitive to the love of both mother and father even long before ...

Nov 11

Categories: Abortion, Parenting, Suicide Prevention

Written By:
Dr. Angelo Subida, Psychotherapist

GO
Page(s)1