Looking for the Ideal Space for Group Therapy and Mental Health Workshops in Singapore? Click here for more information
Date: 30 Jun 2017
Anxiety Disorders are a cluster of disorders that shares features of excessive fear and anxiety and related behavioural disturbances. Among them, Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder are highly prevalent in the community. It is not uncommon for them to cause impairment in daily activities and comorbid with other psychiatric disorders in different stages of life, from adolescence to old age. Therefore, working with this group of clients poses great challenge to social workers, nurses, counsellors, teachers and parents in various settings.
Through the lecture and case sharing/discussion, this training workshop aims to equip health care professionals in various rehabilitative settings with the practical skills in comprehensive assessment of these conditions and introduce management strategies on handling this group of clients at different stages.
1. To understand the nature and complications of Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder in patients of different age groups (from adolescence to old age).
2. To develop a practical framework of assessment and management on clients with Anxiety Disorders.
- Overview of Anxiety Disorders (with specific focus on Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder) in DSM-5: its clinical applications and implications.
- Framework of assessment on these conditions, including the use of assessment tools.
- Formulation to differentiate from Major Depressive Disorder.
- Drug treatment and psychological interventions of these conditions.
Dr. CHEUNG, Wai-Him, Specialist in Psychiatry
In addition to the duties in the general adult psychiatric unit, Dr. CHEUNG also worked in a specialized unit for patients with intellectual disabilities for 6 years before he became the service in-charge of the Substance Abuse Assessment Unit of the Kwai Chung Hospital in 2007.
Dr. CHEUNG is the Clinical Assistant Professor (Honorary) and part-time Lecturer in the Department of Psychiatry of The Chinese University of Hong Kong. He also involved in training of social workers and teachers, and delivered talks to public.
Dr. CHEUNG, Wai-Him
Duration: 9:30am – 5:30pm
Venue: Room 201, 3 Tsui Ping Road, Kwun Tong.
Website: Go to event website
Contact: Email Organizer
Special Offer: HK$1,080- for registration made on one month or more prior to the event
Group Discount: HK$50-/each discount for group of 3 or more
Language: Cantonese supplement with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
*Psychology Matters Asia is not the organizer of the posted event. If you have any enquires, please direct them to the contact in the information.