Looking for the Ideal Space for Group Therapy and Mental Health Workshops in Singapore? Click here for more information
Date: 9 May 2017 - 23 May 2017
Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) is a form of process-experiential psychotherapy integrating person-centered therapy, Gestalt therapy, experiential therapy, existential therapy with contemporary emotion theory. It is an empirically supported therapy based on over 30 years of clinical research on the process of change. The change process is facilitated through enhancing emotion awareness, emotion expression, emotion regulation, reflection on emotional experience and emotion transformation. This therapy proposes that the best way to achieve enduring changes in cognition, behavior and interaction with others is through changing emotion with emotion.
Module I training aims at laying a solid foundation to build on different therapeutic tasks in emotion-focused therapy. This is an intensive practice-oriented and experience-based workshop. Participants will have regular hands on practice on both perceptual and procedural skills in working with emotions based on a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of emotions.
- Equipping a preliminary grounding of the development and fundamentals of emotion-focused therapy
- Enhancing the ability to cultivate effective therapeutic relationship and developing therapeutic working alliance
- Providing an understanding of different emotions arising in individual and couple therapy setting
- Introducing different therapeutic skills in working with emotions in couple relationship
- Enhancing the interest, confidence and skills in working with emotions
- Developing the self-reflective ability in doing therapy
Duration: 9:30am – 5:30pm
Venue: HKSPT Conference Room, 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Hung Hom, KLN
Website: Go to event website
Contact: Email Organizer
Part A & B (Full Course)
- HK$4,700- (Enroll the course on or before 16/2/2017)
- Group discount (For group of 3 or more): HK$4,600-/each
Part A only:
- HK$3,300- (Enroll the course on or before 16/2/2017)
- Group discount (For group of 3 or more): HK$3,200-/each
Part B only:
Participants are strongly advised to complete Part A or 14 hours of EFT training before attending Part B.
- HK$1,650- (Enroll the course on or before 16/2/2017)
- Group discount (For group of 3 or more): HK$1,600-/each
Language: Cantonese supplement with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
*Psychology Matters Asia is not the organizer of the posted event. If you have any enquires, please direct them to the contact in the information.