Looking for the Ideal Space for Group Therapy and Mental Health Workshops in Singapore? Click here for more information
Date: 6 Mar 2017 - 7 Mar 2017
CBT for Borderline Personality Disorder
This two-day workshop will draw from empirically tested manuals featuring core cognitive-behavioural methods for the treatment of borderline personality disorder (BPD). The methods that will be demonstrated will range from standard Beckian cognitive therapy as adapted for severe personality disorders to Young’s schema-focused cognitive therapy. Through didactic presentation, presenter role-play demonstrations, video demonstrations, role-playing, and discussion of a wide assortment of clinical vignettes, participants will learn to manage stresses and strains in the therapeutic relationship, teach patients self regulation skills, formulate schema-focused case conceptualizations and treatment plans, manage clinical crises, and employ advanced techniques such as imagery reconstruction for BPD patients who have had a history of trauma.
Participants will reinforce their knowledge of:
1. The diagnostic and clinical features of BPD and different treatment approaches for different subsets of BPD.
2. The methods of building and maintaining a healthy therapeutic relationship with patients who have unstable relationships.
3. Case conceptualization, including schema focused case formulation.
4. A wide range of therapeutic techniques.
5. How to identify, manage, and cope with clinical crises in an effective manner.
Duration: 9am to 5pm
Venue: Kaizen 1, Learning Centre, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital 90 Yishun Central, Singapore 768828
*Psychology Matters Asia is not the organizer of the posted event. If you have any enquires, please direct them to the contact in the information.